In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

anyone else tired of hearing "Isnt that illegal??"

ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
edited February 2005 in General Discussion
[:(!]

sniper.gifhappy.gifanim_sniper.gif

"I will no longer debate a liberal because I feel they are beneath contempt. Just communicating with one contaminates a person." - whiteclouder

Comments

• Options
    Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    No, the IRS only audits about 5% of the income tax returns.[:D]
  • Options
    old single shotsold single shots Member Posts: 3,594
    edited November -1
    RED223---You mean i might get away with claiming my 9 dogs and cats as dependants? WOW!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    you guys are killing me, I'm talking about guns here [:D]

"I will no longer debate a liberal because I feel they are beneath contempt. Just communicating with one contaminates a person." - whiteclouder
  • Options
    Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    Ohh, ok. I thought this was another ABU G Prison interrogation thread. [:D]

NSDQ!

NS_Crest.jpgr6team.gifAmerican_IR_Flag.jpg

"The Lord knows the way I take, and when He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold" JOB 23:10
  • Options
    edited November -1
    With the additional child tax credits the cats and dogs could get you some serious play money!!!

oh....guns. Yeah I get that alot from non-gun owning co-workers. I had a heated discussion on military.com about military members owning firearms and keeping them in military housing. Alot of anti-gun folk over there. Not even (all)military members are knowledgeable in firearms laws.
  • Options
    ZERODINZERODIN Member Posts: 6,338
    edited November -1
    Know the law, know the justification, and know how to explain it in 90 seconds or less. People who don't know anything about the subject matter never win debates, and blowing them out of the water as cleanly and efficiently as possible will result in them either thinking "gun nut" and walking off, which is what they would have done anyhow, or "well...well....well, it SHOULD be!" and storming off in a fury, but that's just them letting their emotions get in the way of logic (another losing strategy).
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ZERODIN
    Know the law, know the justification, and know how to explain it in 90 seconds or less. People who don't know anything about the subject matter never win debates, and blowing them out of the water as cleanly and efficiently as possible will result in them either thinking "gun nut" and walking off, which is what they would have done anyhow, or "well...well....well, it SHOULD be!" and storming off in a fury, but that's just them letting their emotions get in the way of logic (another losing strategy).

I do.. but people will say " I thought AK-47's were illegal " then I have to explain that what I have is an AK variant, semi auto, and then I have to explain full autos, the $200 tax stamp, the assault weapon ban, it all just spirals downward as soon as they say "isnt that illegal?"

• Options
    edited November -1
    Why would AK's 'in the US' be illegal? They are not machine guns like the ones around the world.

An AK47 is not any different than a Remington 7400 30-06 semi auto. Matte of fact the Remington is more powerful and also has high-cap mags for sale. Di you know that many states allow you to hunt with Semi-auto's? You can actually hunt in Oregon or South Dakota for example with a Remington 742, 740, 7400 or Browning BAR or a Ruger 10/22 and even the AK47 when fitted with a 5 round magazine. It IS a semi-automatic firearm, not machine gun.

I won the John Kerry forum argument against one of it's moderators several times talking about the AK and it's legality to hunt with in many states...including the moderators state.

I even linked a picture to my California legal AK47 that is 100% legal to hunt with in California and 99% of the States....she's a pump. But it's still called an AK47....why? It isn't a machine gun AK47.....but it is a VARIANT.

Then go off and talk about how nobody complains about belt fed guns, heck they ain't even classified as 'assault weapons' in California. Then go on about silencers and how it's perfectly legal to get one and mount it on your firearm.... To preserve your hearing!

I have found the more people you argue with on the net the better you will get at 'educating' others. You will also start to have a massive link to firearm statistics under your 'favorites'.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thats what I tell them, its an AK Variant.. i'll just say its a romanian hunting rifle from now on

• Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love the folks who actually OWN guns and don't know that you can sell guns privately. "Isn't that illegal because it's REGISTERED under your name?" DOH! "Yeah pal. I drove to Washington D.C. and made sure that the make/model/ser# was registered with the BATFE under my name."
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Yup;
    Sometime sit down and contemplate the anomaly...The Second Amendment/proclaimed 'free country(re;Bush)'....and the words..."It's illegal"...

A pretty good defination of insanity....to believe all the above.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    "I thought AK-47's were illegal."

Tell them "For the most part, they are. But this isn't an AK-47, it only looks like one." Saying "it's a variant" will fly right over their heads. You need to show them that it's no more an AK-47 than a Dodge Intrepid is a Ferrari, no matter how much it might look like one to someone who's only seen three cars in his life.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Tell them "For the most part, they are. But this isn't an AK-47, it only looks like one." Saying "it's a variant" will fly right over their heads. You need to show them that it's no more an AK-47 than a Dodge Intrepid is a Ferrari, no matter how much it might look like one to someone who's only seen three cars in his life.

I'd compare it more to a v6 mustang vs. a v8.. all show and no go [:D]

• Options
    IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    Run into that all the time.
    I tell they are not illegal for me because "I'm special!"
    Then you ought to see the blank, jaw dropping looks on their face.
    Most will just walk off, had one that went to the range officer.
    Who told him to forget about it, "That guys more legal than you can ever be."
    Walte
  • Options
    wlfmn323wlfmn323 Member Posts: 4,712
    edited November -1

i like to use the following answers, "yeah, so whats your point?" and "what the atf dont know wont hurt me" it gets tireing explainging all the time, especially when the media depicts these things as nothing but FULL AUTO killing machines, and the masses beleive any propaganda that is fed to them from the media plate

fear the government that fears its people

fear the government with greater firepower
  • Options
    greeker375greeker375 Member Posts: 3,644
    edited November -1
    Illegal, illegal, illegal...I'm sick of hearing that word.

To me ill-egal means "sick bird"!

"the difference between the almost right word and the right word is like the difference between a lightning bug and a lightning bolt" - Mark Twain.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wlfmn323
    i like to use the following answers, "yeah, so whats your point?" and "what the atf dont know wont hurt me" it gets tireing explainging all the time

I think Im gonna go this route.. [:D] Thanks for the help..

Okay, let me practice..

Is that an assault rifle?

Sure.

Arent those illegal?

Who knows.

You're a redneck.

Sounds good to me.

I'm calling the cops.

Have fun.

[:D]

• Options
    edited November -1
    I follow the philosophy that a well-educated populace won't enact laws that hurt its members. Calmly and patiently explaining it in as simple of terms as possible can go a long ways towards having a friend on the "outside."
  • Options
    wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,068
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger270man
    Thats what I tell them, its an AK Variant.. i'll just say its a romanian hunting rifle from now on

You mean it's legal to hunt Romanians[?][?][?]

"When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember that it is still an evil."
    - Max Lerner
  • Options
    burnerburner Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I feel my great wisdom is needed. It is only illegal if you are caught. Remember that for further use [:D]
  • Options
    Jimmy BossJimmy Boss Member Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Admit to nothing! Deine everything! Demand proof!
    [}:)][}:)]

JBoss......Fear No Fish/peace through superior firepower/The gun manufacturers are not making a dangerous product.
    Bad parents are.
  • Options
    sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its not just having a firearm like the AK-47. My neighbors wife happened by one day to drop something off to my wife. I had my collection out cleaning,taking pictures and redoing a list of my serial numbers.When she saw the quanity of toys she FREAKED,she wanted to know how in the world could it be legal for anyone to own that many toys,I explained that there is no limit in federal law and no state law here that limited my collection,,,,,,,,,she called the local sheriff "friend of mine" just to ask if there is a limit on toys one person can own [}:)]

[image]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-10/869284/nogunnextdoor.gif[/image]
  • Options
    chorkiechorkie Member Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I usually use the opportunity to TRY and educate the the uneducated[:)]

Image005.jpg
  • Options
    D.K.D.K. Member Posts: 291 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't explain anything! These types of people wouldn't be
    in my house anyway. I consider LIBERALS the enemy,
    not friends or neighbors! Hell, I don't even consider them fellow Americans. If they are the rabid liberal types a quick
    FU works well.

Only the one's with some intellect are worth the effort....and
    then all the effort one can handle. I can be very, very patient with
    an ignorant person...but would'nt piss in a diehard liberal's
    mouth if his throat was on fire.
  • Options
    wlfmn323wlfmn323 Member Posts: 4,712
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger270man
    quote:Originally posted by wlfmn323
    i like to use the following answers, "yeah, so whats your point?" and "what the atf dont know wont hurt me" it gets tireing explainging all the time

I think Im gonna go this route.. [:D] Thanks for the help..

Okay, let me practice..

Is that an assault rifle?

Sure.

Arent those illegal?

Who knows.

You're a redneck.

Sounds good to me.

I'm calling the cops.

Have fun.

[:D]

that is one of the best quoted scenerios that ive heard, laughed so hard that everyone in the office staired! stared thanks needed the laugh today!

fear the government that fears its people

fear the government with greater firepower
  • Options
    interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by greeker375
    Illegal, illegal, illegal...I'm sick of hearing that word.

To me ill-egal means "sick bird"!

"the difference between the almost right word and the right word is like the difference between a lightning bug and a lightning bolt" - Mark Twain.

Good one Mike![:D]

topcat1.jpg Don't "F" with kitty!! unamerican.gif