In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CNN

CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
edited June 2007 in General Discussion
They are reporting a burglary suspect at John Hopkins University who was killed by a student with a Samurai sword. The BG had been released from prison yesterday & lunged at the student who used the sword to sever the BG's hand & inflict other torso damage.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Anyone else watch CNN instead of FOX last night? Tried watching FOX several times, just couldn't stand the negativity. CNN did much better IMO.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    They are laughing about the tea parties, and they just said there will be a new Czarof the border. WILL SOMEONE MAKE IT STOP. Pleas put the government back to the way it used to be.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Do you think they will ever realize how much they suck? What a bunch of biased spin peddlers.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Occassionally I watch CNN or the network news, just to see if they have changed any. Cafferty is a smart *. he doesn't report. He offers a cynical view of the Bush administation WITHOUT offering anything substantial to back it up.

He just made the claim that congress and the Senate are pushing through this bill defining the US interpretation of the Geneva COnvention. He claimed the President is railroading it through in case the Dmeocrats get control after the election. He made to compent"Atleast President Nixon had Gerald Ford to do his dirty work."

Back it up big boy. What is wrong with this legislation? You are the media. Tell us what the legistation offers. To just make to assertion that it is bad is a load of crap and porr reporting.

CNN is slightly better than the networks.

CLICK!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Never wish ill will on anyone but the more I read CNN.....well I hope the LORD will forgive me....what in the world are people thinking....
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    CNN is telling us how sophisticated and knowledgeable the UK is when it comes to fight terrorism. They just said the US is taking lesson from the Britons in fighting terrorism.

WHAT THE HECK IS CNN THINKING!

Pull your head out of your commie butt, CNN!

The UK is getting more car bombing, and not the USA!!!!!

These guy's know what they are doing and we don't. Oh right, the UK is surrendering to Islamic terrorists and they are getting slammed. A Islamic sympathizer has just been elected to Prime Minister and AlQeda is telling them it's not enough.

I don't think the UK knowes jack about dealing with terrorists.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    CNNs reporting is sad.. Few days after election, they shut up about things which is good, they were doing the fiscal cliff thing, until sandy hit, went back to the cliff, the the shooting, now they are back on the cliff... The other thing that drive me nuts is that it doesnt matter what article you read they count off the casualties each and every time which leads me to believe that is the only fact that they got right..
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe this is a test of the new PM there, now that Blair has stepped down.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    CNN said "The people of the UK are resilient."

I hear "The people of the UK will take one up the ars and do nothing about it."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    I believe this is a test of the new PM there, now that Blair has stepped down.

That's what it looks like to me, but neither CNN or Fox News is calling it as such.

What would Hillary do?
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    Those terrorists are amatures.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:What would Hillary do?
    Unfortunately we may find out,.........God, I hope not!
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    not to worry, if hillary wins , bill will be under the desk as the first lady,guiding her i think, or was it the other way around[:0]
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    quote:cartod:

Those terrorists are amatures.

... and I'm afraid that we ARE going to learn the
    difference ... sooner or later.
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    CNN aka the Communist News Network always reports that any one does a better job at everything than the good old USA. That is why I NEVER watch them for any reason.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    CNN "The fact that there was no explosion yesterday, the fact that their plans were thwarted, would that anger the terrorists?"

What an idiot question!

"OH, we don't want to anger the terrorists. Perhaps the UK should have let yesterday's bombs explode."

"It out fault because we stopped yesterday's attack"

SHOOT! WHY DON"T THEY JUST ASK "It's President Bush's fault, right?"
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    Britain does in fact have extensive experience at dealing with the threat of terrorism. You just need to look back to the time before Islamic terrorism became our focus.

The Provisional IRA conducted an extremely active campaign against them that lasted from the early 70's to the mid-90's. Machine gun attacks on public places, bombings, aircraft shootdowns, mortar attacks, kidnappings, assasinations, etc. actually became common during this period. They were a hardcore and dedicated bunch, funded, supplied and trained by foreign governments.

Britain did an outstanding job at countering this threat, but the problem is they resorted to many tactics our citizens we would go nuts over. For example, it's tough to find a square foot in London that's not covered by gov't operated security cameras.
  • Options
    A J ChristA J Christ Member Posts: 7,534
    edited November -1
    CNN has no credibility with me.

If they reported that the sky was blue, I'd run out and look, knowing it would be something other than blue.
  • Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    What Txs said.

The Brits are no pushovers in the anti-terrorist arena, but adopting some of their methods would require a whole new way of life that would make us subjects, not citizens.
  • Options
    sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:The Brits are no pushovers in the anti-terrorist arena, but adopting some of their methods would require a whole new way of life that would make us subjects, not citizens.

Elmuerto,
    Im fearful that we are well down the path of becoming subjects in this country.
    The recent attempt to shove "Immigration Reform" down our throats is evidence of this.
    Arrivederci gigi