In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester PARTITION/GOLD ML bullets????

groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
edited October 2003 in General Discussion
Anybody tried these Winchester Partition/Gold 260 grainers out on a deer yet in a 50cal ML? What was your opinion? They shoot super on paper! GHD

Comments

• Options
    rinkydinkrinkydink Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've used Partition Gold slugs in a shotgun and they perform flawlessly.

Tom (aka rinkydink)
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Once again Charlie we meet in the accuracy arena. I have dropped quite a few with them. I hit a doe at about 10yds who I had to track into the nearby woods for maybe 75yds,...but it was a double lung shot and no real expansion was evident. They work for me,...to the tune of 1" and less at 100yds. I have 2 packs of them in the ML box,...along with the "flying ashtrays" Barnes expander MZ's.

The best paper laod I have found so far is the TC XTP's,..but all the controversy over them being a 44cal pistol bullet and not being pushed fast enough by pyrodex led me to look for something else,....and hence the Winchester slugs. Nice hollowpoint,..and great paper showing[:D] But if you can get those Barnes expanders to fly,...they look just like the picture on the box when/if you recover one[8D]

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?