In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The Death of Israel

GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Bamerbomb.jpg

http://townhall.com/Columnists/DickMorrisandEileenMcGann/2009/05/24/the_death_of_israel?page=full

by Dick Morris and Eileen McGann

From Caroline Glick, deputy editor and op-ed writer for the Jerusalem Post, comes alarming news. An expert on Arab-Israeli relations with excellent sources deep inside Netanyahu's government, she reports that CIA chief Leon Panetta, who recently took time out from his day job (feuding with Nancy Pelosi) to travel to Israel "read the riot act" to the government warning against an attack on Iran.

More ominously, Glick reports (likely from sources high up in the Israeli government) that the Obama administration has all but accepted as irreversible and unavoidable fact that Iran will soon develop nuclear weapons. She writes, "...we have learned that the [Obama] administration has made its peace with Iran's nuclear aspirations. Senior administration officials acknowledge as much in off-record briefings. It is true, they say, that Iran may exploit its future talks with the US to run down the clock before they test a nuclear weapon. But, they add, if that happens, the US will simply have to live with a nuclear-armed mullocracy."

She goes on to write that the Obama administration is desperate to stop Israel from attacking Iran writing that "as far as the [Obama] administration is concerned, if Israel could just leave Iran's nuclear installations alone, Iran would behave itself." She notes that American officials would regard any harm to American interests that flowed from an Israeli attack on Iranian nuclear facilities as Israel's doing, not Iran's.

In classic Stockholm Syndrome fashion, the Obama administration is empathizing more with the Iranian leaders who are holding Israel hostage than with the nation that may be wiped off the map if Iran acquires the bomb.

Obama's end-of-the-year deadline for Iranian talks aimed at stopping its progress toward nuclear weapons is just window dressing without the threat of military action. As Metternich wrote "diplomacy without force is like music without instruments." By warning only of possible strengthening of economic sanctions if the talks do not progress, Obama is making an empty threat. The sanctions will likely have no effect because Russia and China will not let the United Nations act as it must if it is to deter Iranian nuclear weapons.

All this means is that Israel's life is in danger. If Iran gets the bomb, it will use it to kill six million Jews. No threat of retaliation will make the slightest difference. One cannot deter a suicide bomber with the threat of death. Nor can one deter a theocracy bent on meriting admission to heaven and its virgins by one glorious act of violence. Iran would probably not launch the bomb itself, anyway, but would give it to its puppet terrorists to send to Israel so it could deny responsibility. Obama, bent on appeasement, would likely not retaliate with nuclear weapons. And Israel will be dead and gone.

Those sunshine Jewish patriots who voted for Obama must realize that we, as Jews, are witnessing the possible end of Israel. We are in the same moral position as our ancestors were as they watched Hitler rise but did nothing to pressure their favorite liberal Democratic president, FDR, to take any real action to save them or even to let Jewish refugees into the country. If we remain complacent, we will have the same anguish at watching the destruction of Israel that our forebears had in witnessing the Holocaust.

Because one thing is increasingly clear: Barack Obama is not about to lift a finger to stop Iran from developing the bomb. And neither is Hillary Clinton.

Obama may have held the first White House cedar, but he's not planning to spend next year in Jerusalem.

Comments

• we_dig_itwe_dig_it Member Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You watch Israel, they wont sit around waiting for the US to give our blessing to them, they WILL defend themselves.(and rightly so)
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the U.S. and/or Israel do not launch a first strike, than the Israeli goverment and the Obama administration will jointly share the responsibility of all those deaths. Should the death toll actually reach 6 million, it would be the same number killed by Hitler during WWII. I can hear the spin now, Obama, only half as bad as Hitler. If the Israelis get hit I hope they permanently takeout Mecca and Medina. As in cobalt packed nuke, glow in the dark glass, no one walks in area for 100,000 years.
  • Lucky_LeftyLucky_Lefty Member Posts: 7,971
    edited November -1
    If it happens we will be dragged into it. BO will allow the muslims to come here as a safe haven. then they wil start their crap here. its all a way fro them to get here legally. At least noone can strike the US as of right now.
  • we_dig_itwe_dig_it Member Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I really dont think Israel is gonna sit around and wait for Iran to strike them. I believe they will act first, with or without the US. Probably without, since we have no current admin. that has the guts or desire to deal with Iran.(Or any other terrorist group)
  • rcrxmike_2rcrxmike_2 Member Posts: 3,275
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dreher
    If the U.S. and/or Israel do not launch a first strike, than the Israeli goverment and the Obama administration will jointly share the responsibility of all those deaths. Should the death toll actually reach 6 million, it would be the same number killed by Hitler during WWII. I can hear the spin now, Obama, only half as bad as Hitler. If the Israelis get hit I hope they permanently takeout Mecca and Medina. As in cobalt packed nuke, glow in the dark glass, no one walks in area for 100,000 years.

And who will take responsibility for the MILLIONs of deaths a nuclear armed Iran certainly cause?
  • RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cartod
    Bamerbomb.jpg

http://townhall.com/Columnists/DickMorrisandEileenMcGann/2009/05/24/the_death_of_israel?page=full

by Dick Morris and Eileen McGann

From Caroline Glick, deputy editor and op-ed writer for the Jerusalem Post, comes alarming news. An expert on Arab-Israeli relations with excellent sources deep inside Netanyahu's government, she reports that CIA chief Leon Panetta, who recently took time out from his day job (feuding with Nancy Pelosi) to travel to Israel "read the riot act" to the government warning against an attack on Iran.

More ominously, Glick reports (likely from sources high up in the Israeli government) that the Obama administration has all but accepted as irreversible and unavoidable fact that Iran will soon develop nuclear weapons. She writes, "...we have learned that the [Obama] administration has made its peace with Iran's nuclear aspirations. Senior administration officials acknowledge as much in off-record briefings. It is true, they say, that Iran may exploit its future talks with the US to run down the clock before they test a nuclear weapon. But, they add, if that happens, the US will simply have to live with a nuclear-armed mullocracy."

She goes on to write that the Obama administration is desperate to stop Israel from attacking Iran writing that "as far as the [Obama] administration is concerned, if Israel could just leave Iran's nuclear installations alone, Iran would behave itself." She notes that American officials would regard any harm to American interests that flowed from an Israeli attack on Iranian nuclear facilities as Israel's doing, not Iran's.

In classic Stockholm Syndrome fashion, the Obama administration is empathizing more with the Iranian leaders who are holding Israel hostage than with the nation that may be wiped off the map if Iran acquires the bomb.

Obama's end-of-the-year deadline for Iranian talks aimed at stopping its progress toward nuclear weapons is just window dressing without the threat of military action. As Metternich wrote "diplomacy without force is like music without instruments." By warning only of possible strengthening of economic sanctions if the talks do not progress, Obama is making an empty threat. The sanctions will likely have no effect because Russia and China will not let the United Nations act as it must if it is to deter Iranian nuclear weapons.

All this means is that Israel's life is in danger. If Iran gets the bomb, it will use it to kill six million Jews. No threat of retaliation will make the slightest difference. One cannot deter a suicide bomber with the threat of death. Nor can one deter a theocracy bent on meriting admission to heaven and its virgins by one glorious act of violence. Iran would probably not launch the bomb itself, anyway, but would give it to its puppet terrorists to send to Israel so it could deny responsibility. Obama, bent on appeasement, would likely not retaliate with nuclear weapons. And Israel will be dead and gone.

Those sunshine Jewish patriots who voted for Obama must realize that we, as Jews, are witnessing the possible end of Israel. We are in the same moral position as our ancestors were as they watched Hitler rise but did nothing to pressure their favorite liberal Democratic president, FDR, to take any real action to save them or even to let Jewish refugees into the country. If we remain complacent, we will have the same anguish at watching the destruction of Israel that our forebears had in witnessing the Holocaust.

Because one thing is increasingly clear: Barack Obama is not about to lift a finger to stop Iran from developing the bomb. And neither is Hillary Clinton.

Obama may have held the first White House cedarSEDER, but he's not planning to spend next year in Jerusalem.

http://tinyurl.com/d73bx4
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Again with the history lesson. If history has taught us anything, it's that Israel looks out for Israel above all.
    Jonathan Pollard, former U.S. Navy analyst sits in prison for passing secrets to Israel.
    The USS LIBERTY was attacked by Israeli warplanes during the Six Day War to hide their military movements.
    Taking political heat for a few months is worth their continued existance. If anyone gives them serious grief, they can roll out their own nukes.
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Isreal has enough conventional weapons to deal with Iran now. They dont need to use their nukes. At least not YET. Yall are right about Iran having a DEATH WISH. Their hate for Isreal is FAR greater than the love for their own country. I really believe that ALL Arabs feel that way towards Isreal
  • jon ojon o Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No matter what happens, it will Obama's fault!!![:0]
    edited November -1
    I thought EVERYTHING was Bush's FAULT[:0]
  • RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
    I think the Iranians will be scared sh**tless when they find out Obama is gonna make another speech and Hillary is gonna threaten to go to the UN.
  • givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    Realistically, this whole string is moot. Israel has already done it.

Dateline: Nineteen Eighty (something) Iraq:
    Talking, appeasing, delaying on the international podium, all the while Iraq was building nuclear capability. As soon as Israel's perceived "threat/worry" threshhold was crossed, Israel took out Iraq's nuclear infrastructure.

The [strike plans] were in place for over a year prior to the event. All that remained was for someone to press the scramble button.

Folks, if we're jabbering about it here, dime to a dollar Israel is at the point in readiness where all that is needed is to have someone push the button again. Best, Joe
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    They will have some difficulty killing six million MORE Jews, since there are only 5,313,800 Jews living in Israel.
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    On February 18, 2005, Israel issued a stark warning stating that Iran was "only six months away" from manufacturing nuclear weapons.

In December of 2005, Mohammed El Baradei, the director of the IAEA, said Iran was "months away from acquiring a nuclear bomb."

Ehud Olmert, on May 21, 2006, stated flatly that Iran was "like Hitler" and that it was "months away" from achieving nuclear weapon state status.

And then on December 12, 2006, Ken Timmerman of NewsMax wrote an article that predicted, "Iran will have nuclear weapons by 2008."

Anyone here beginning to see a pattern?
  • dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    the iranians have said thay want israel destroyed...if i was in control in israel i would`nt be sitting back and giving them the chance to do it...i`d hit first,and i`d hit hard!

look at it this way, if country x was threatening to develop nukes and they had sworn to destroy america and your government did nothing to stop country x from getting those nukes what would you be thinking?

i reckon israel has a duty to it`s people to destroy iran first.

if someone says they are going to kill my family, and i believe they have the items to do it with i`m not going to go to the cops to help me, i`m going to get rid of the meanies before they can carry out their threat!
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ElMuertoMonkey
    On February 18, 2005, Israel issued a stark warning stating that Iran was "only six months away" from manufacturing nuclear weapons.

In December of 2005, Mohammed El Baradei, the director of the IAEA, said Iran was "months away from acquiring a nuclear bomb."

Ehud Olmert, on May 21, 2006, stated flatly that Iran was "like Hitler" and that it was "months away" from achieving nuclear weapon state status.

And then on December 12, 2006, Ken Timmerman of NewsMax wrote an article that predicted, "Iran will have nuclear weapons by 2008."

Anyone here beginning to see a pattern?

While I agree with you about the chicken little, there is little to no doubt that this is their aspiration. i think we can agree on that?

If we agree on that, perhaps we can also agree on this;

If a man told me he was going to destroy me, and my family I would not wait for him to act, I would seek him first, and throw everything I had at him to make sure this did not happen. Iran's rhetoric has ben very inflammatory, and the message is clear. Do we agree on that?
  • gatorhidegatorhide Member Posts: 562 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ....tic,tock....tic,tock....,"tha rat ran down the clock."[xx(]

Iran suxks.[:0]

Any Questions?[?]
    edited November -1
    Todesengel,

Well for one thing Ahmandinejad's statement that he would wipe Israel off the face of the Earth was an interpretation promulgated by the mainstream media - who, as we know, have absolutely nothing to gain by engaging in histrionics, overstatements, and little white lies.

Which brings us to point number two: Ahmandinejad said it, not Iran. If the curent ruling council of bearded so-called wise men running things in Tehran had said that, that would be a whole different ball game.

And while I agree that Iran's rhetoric has been inflammatory, Israel is no blushing virgin or innocent victim here. If even half of the accusations leveled against Israeli troops and settlers is true, that's about a thousand times more nonsense than we'd put up with if it happened in our backyard and that's the truth.

But the fact remains that it is not that Israel is scared for its life; it sicced us on Iraq because it could and is hoping to do the same with us and Iran.

And we need to be cautious about doing Israel's bidding in the future because from where I stand they have done nothing but take and take and take and have given us nothing i nreturn but sob stories over sixty years old and a healthy guilt trip that only a Jewish mother could construct.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,291 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [}:)]
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
    edited November -1
    Todesengel,

Well for one thing Ahmandinejad's statement that he would wipe Israel off the face of the Earth was an interpretation promulgated by the mainstream media - who, as we know, have absolutely nothing to gain by engaging in histrionics, overstatements, and little white lies.

Which brings us to point number two: Ahmandinejad said it, not Iran. If the curent ruling council of bearded so-called wise men running things in Tehran had said that, that would be a whole different ball game.

And while I agree that Iran's rhetoric has been inflammatory, Israel is no blushing virgin or innocent victim here. If even half of the accusations leveled against Israeli troops and settlers is true, that's about a thousand times more nonsense than we'd put up with if it happened in our backyard and that's the truth.

But the fact remains that it is not that Israel is scared for its life; it sicced us on Iraq because it could and is hoping to do the same with us and Iran.

And we need to be cautious about doing Israel's bidding in the future because from where I stand they have done nothing but take and take and take and have given us nothing i nreturn but sob stories over sixty years old and a healthy guilt trip that only a Jewish mother could construct.

LIke it or not the leader f the country said that, at least their puppet leader. If it was against what the true leaders of Iran were in disagreement, they would have slapped him around like a puppy, they didn't because it serves their purpose.

If Obama was to stand up and say that China needs to be wiped off the earth, and it's days were numbered it would lead to holy hell.

I am in no way soliciting the United States to do ANYTHING to Iran on behalf of Israel. I do however believe at this date and time it is in our best interests to allow Israel to stand on her own, and follow their own agenda.
    edited November -1
    quote:And we need to be cautious about doing Israel's bidding in the future because from where I stand they have done nothing but take and take and take and have given us nothing i nreturn but sob stories over sixty years old and a healthy guilt trip that only a Jewish mother could construct.I rarely agree with you, but this is 100% correct. I might add that they have been allowed to extort uncounted millions of dollars through exploitation of that "guilt trip."
  • edharoldedharold Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Really Israel is not much more a friend of ours than Saudi Arabia is. They like us for what we can do for them, what have they ever done for us. I hate to see our young people go off and die for anything save the security of the US. What since WWll meets that criterion?
    I am sure Obama will not hesitate to send our troops in harms way if it will fit his agenda.
    edited November -1
    Todesengel,

The key difference between Ahmandinejad and Obama is that while they are both presidents of their respective nations, only Obama has any authority over the armed forces.

The president of Iran has no authority over the Revolutionary Guard or regular armed forces or even the paramilitary security apparatus.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Israel is not going anywhere...this could very well be the death of any and all countries that turn their backs on Israel...but Israel isn't going anywhere right now...
  • Justice_25Justice_25 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    History will continue to prove itself. DO NOT MESS WITH ISRAEL....They will win.......
    edited November -1
    Todesengel,

The key difference between Ahmandinejad and Obama is that while they are both presidents of their respective nations, only Obama has any authority over the armed forces.

The president of Iran has no authority over the Revolutionary Guard or regular armed forces or even the paramilitary security apparatus.
    we will see if obama has any authority over our armed forces when he tries to order them into a zone. I am not talking pre-existing areas of conflicts, but one he gives the order for
  • pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ECC
    Israel is not going anywhere...this could very well be the death of any and all countries that turn their backs on Israel...but Israel isn't going anywhere right now...

+1
  • tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pietro75

+1

+2 Israel does not die in prophecy, but every nation that turns against her is doomed[;)]
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    From everything I have read it will not be that easy to take out Iran's nuclear facilites. In Iraq & Syria it only involved a single site & they were not hardened.
    In Iran it involves a mulitude of hardened & scattered sites.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gruntled
    From everything I have read it will not be that easy to take out Iran's nuclear facilites. In Iraq & Syria it only involved a single site & they were not hardened.
    In Iran it involves a mulitude of hardened & scattered sites.

I wouldn't want to be working in one of them...
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    I watched the former head of the CIA's middle eastern division talking about, the Israel/Iran issue and he believes we have no business supporting either side. he realy believes we should just allow them to fight it out.
    I think a Nuclear Iran is a far bigger threat to the world not just Israel. They would upset the whole region and surely press their advantage into Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Turkey who have for the most part been moderate countries willing to work with the US. Eventually they would unleash their Mullacratic government on all Islamic nations and spread into Africa. Millions of people would be killed and we would once again be dragged into a WW of allied nations.
    It is a goal of radical Islam to rid the world of infidels and the prime minister of Iran is but a puppet of the most radical of the islamic religion.
  • NOSLEEPNOSLEEP Member Posts: 4,526
    edited November -1
    When the hammer comes down. Iran will be only a shadow of what it thinks
    it is now.
    edited November -1
    NoSleep-You sayen Iran might get "POOFED" like GB threads[:0]
  • eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,052 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    no matter what we think about iran or israel, the jews have been killed,displaced,thrown out and harassed befoe ww2,during and after ww-2 by just about every nation in the world. now that they are on dry land they will fight to the death to stay there and any one who don,t think they will is badly mistaken. before israel goes alot of their enemies will have disapeared in a nucular cloud. eastbank.
  • spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by footlong
    Isreal has enough conventional weapons to deal with Iran now. They dont need to use their nukes. At least not YET. Yall are right about Iran having a DEATH WISH. Their hate for Isreal is FAR greater than the love for their own country. I really believe that ALL Arabs feel that way towards Isreal
    Change that to "Muslims" and I'll agree with you.

There are Muslim Arabs, Christian Arabs and even Jewish Arabs in the world. Not all Arabs are Muslims, just as not all Muslims are Arabs.
  • spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    A war between Israel and her neighbors could spell serious trouble for the rest of the world, and I'm not talking nukes, death or destruction.

I'm talking the economy. Consider this - if Israel were to nuke Iran, you could very easily see a spike that will make $150 oil and $4.50/gallon gasoline look like The Good Old Days.

It would cause, at the very least, our economy to collapse, especially considering where we are right now. And, no amount of money Landru can throw at it would be helpful.

Our economic collapse would lead to the collapse of other nations as well - including the Chinese who own such a large portion of our foreign debt.

While, personally, I'd love to see Israel wipe Iran off the map, I'd not like to see the entire world in shambles.
  • NOSLEEPNOSLEEP Member Posts: 4,526
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by footlong
    NoSleep-You sayen Iran might get "POOFED" like GB threads[:0]

I think Israel will fight like a Dog in a corner. Its leaders ready to
    sacrifice themselves like suicide bombers. They will stop at nothing
    to bring an end to the Iranian threat. Why should Israel hold back?
    They will bring it, and they will bring it hard. I do think nuclear
    attack is a distant last resort.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tomahawk
    quote:Originally posted by pietro75

+1

+2 Israel does not die in prophecy, but every nation that turns against her is doomed[;)]
    Of course you can provide biblical proof of this.
  • dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,723 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wish I would have scanned and saved it just for this discussion, but some time back on the front page of the "Arab Times" which is distributed throughout the gulf region, one of the sub headlines with a following column read " Should Israel attack Iran, Kuwait should remember there are 11,000 rockets aimed at Kuwait.
  • WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,900 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A couple points.
    6 million Jews died in WWII from all causes including over 1 million serving in the Soviet army and Jews who died in the US military.
    Because Hitler targeted Jews for extermination the total figure is often used and confused with those that died in the camps or were murdered outright some in their homes.

Using Israeli officials figures 4.5 million Jews died in camps, murdered, died from starvation, shot on the way or in their beds, whatever these were in some way prisoner to the Nazis who were responsible for their deaths outright.
    6 million non-Jews also died under the same camp/prison etc conditions also according to official Israeli government figures.

Anyone that believes Iran will safe guard their nuclear weapons and not "allow" some to be deployed by their allied terror groups is extremely disillusion.
    However, it matters not what they will do in reality it is the Israeli perception of what may occur that will cause Israel to act in a believed self defense.
    For Obama to threaten them in any way shows blatant ignorance and how naive he is to the situation.
    It is almost saying you better not stop them from annihilating you or we will be upset and you don't want that.

Obama has to make them feel their existence is insured by cooperating with the US and not attacking Iran.
    Doing that with a nuclear armed nation bent on Israeli's elimination requires more than demands and frankly one look at Peneta and one would question his capacity of strength.
    Some people look like they are strong others do not and Peneta looks like a dork in the world of tough diplomacy, IMO

Finally Iran is no fool. they have likely dispersed their facilities and have made their defenses far more formidable than Syria or Iraq so unless Israel has the right intel and the right weapons they would certainly start a war but I question if their first strike will be as decisive as it has to be to win on day one.

Lastly, Israel, understandably, will have the attitude of not caring who goes down with them if they are to fall so expect this to become a catastrophic event for mankind and I mean that a total collapse of the world's economy will be the least of your worries.

Wulfmann
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck