In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The Death of Israel

2»

Comments

• War Pig ActualWar Pig Actual Member Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Israel would have to fly over either Turkey or Iraq in attacking Iran....neither scenerio would work politically for the US. It would not be a limited exchange either. Iran has also been preparing for this event for many years. They are not dumb, they saw what happened in Iraq. That's why the built their facilities into mountains deep under ground. Israel recently "purchased" bunker busters from from the US, but every expert out there says a successful military strike would do nothing more than set Iran back by a few years. Also it would galvanize the Iranian people behind the likes of Ahmandinejad. It would be the ultimate stupidity to attack before the Iranian election. As it stands, there is no military solution to this problem. Are you going to go in a kill all the brain trust that truly is the "nuclear" asset is Iran?
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ElMuertoMonkey
    On February 18, 2005, Israel issued a stark warning stating that Iran was "only six months away" from manufacturing nuclear weapons.

In December of 2005, Mohammed El Baradei, the director of the IAEA, said Iran was "months away from acquiring a nuclear bomb."

Ehud Olmert, on May 21, 2006, stated flatly that Iran was "like Hitler" and that it was "months away" from achieving nuclear weapon state status.

And then on December 12, 2006, Ken Timmerman of NewsMax wrote an article that predicted, "Iran will have nuclear weapons by 2008."

Anyone here beginning to see a pattern?

So you are saying Iran is very close to having a nuclear bomb.
  • eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,052 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    they may not, but they want the world to think so. and with the threats that have been comming out of iran, there are people in israel who are damn sure paying attention to what they say. eastbank.
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Captplaid
    quote:Originally posted by ElMuertoMonkey
    On February 18, 2005, Israel issued a stark warning stating that Iran was "only six months away" from manufacturing nuclear weapons.

In December of 2005, Mohammed El Baradei, the director of the IAEA, said Iran was "months away from acquiring a nuclear bomb."

Ehud Olmert, on May 21, 2006, stated flatly that Iran was "like Hitler" and that it was "months away" from achieving nuclear weapon state status.

And then on December 12, 2006, Ken Timmerman of NewsMax wrote an article that predicted, "Iran will have nuclear weapons by 2008."

Anyone here beginning to see a pattern?

So you are saying Iran is very close to having a nuclear bomb.
    +1 what are you saying?
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    quote:6 million Jews died in WWII from all causes including over 1 million serving in the Soviet army and Jews who died in the US military.
    Because Hitler targeted Jews for extermination the total figure is often used and confused with those that died in the camps or were murdered outright some in their homes.

Using Israeli officials figures 4.5 million Jews died in camps, murdered, died from starvation, shot on the way or in their beds, whatever these were in some way prisoner to the Nazis who were responsible for their deaths outright.
    6 million non-Jews also died under the same camp/prison etc conditions also according to official Israeli government figures.The figures seem to vary according to which official is providing them. Some say 3.2 million, some say 4.5 million, some 6 million. I suppose it depends on how much money is involved. It is interesting to note that these figures are the only ones available - anyone who suggests further investigation by non-Jews is stonewalled and attacked with the standard name-calling. More than 11 million deaths of non-Jews at the hands of the Nazis is always conveniently overlooked by Israeli officials.

It is also interesting to note that German census data from the period of WW2 shows that there was a population of slightly over 3 million Jews in residence at that time.

Another interesting factor is that there are transcripts and recordings of Hitler's speeches during his rise to power in which he calls for the extermination of Jews. It is quite perplexing that Jews stayed in the country after hearing such from one who was obviously to become the chancellor. Perhaps they thought that they could bribe their way into control of his government the way that they had the earlier regimes.
  • WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,900 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There were over 6 million Jews when you count all the areas the Germans occupied. I have never seen a census that suggested otherwise for the entire area, please link it.

It was the Israelis that continued to report that 6 million gentiles were murdered as well but western media ignores that.
    Don't blame Israel, they note it. 10.5 million total
    I have been to the Holocaust museums both the one in DC and Israel.
    They are also clear that the holocaust started with the execution of German undesirables before the war so called mercy killings about 250K.
    The German produced pre-war documentary is a masterful piece of persuasion justifying their murdering.

May I also remind you Stalin killed over 20 million of his own countrymen.

Muslims claim 18 million Arabs were murdered by Rommel in North Africa. Seems like he had nothing else to do and the Krauts must have been great shots as it is doubtful they had enough ammo if they killed 2 per round and never missed.

Wulfmann
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Jews voted for O so what is the problem, change is what they wanted.[xx(]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spanielsells
    A war between Israel and her neighbors could spell serious trouble for the rest of the world, and I'm not talking nukes, death or destruction.

I'm talking the economy. Consider this - if Israel were to nuke Iran, you could very easily see a spike that will make $150 oil and $4.50/gallon gasoline look like The Good Old Days.

It would cause, at the very least, our economy to collapse, especially considering where we are right now. And, no amount of money Landru can throw at it would be helpful.

Our economic collapse would lead to the collapse of other nations as well - including the Chinese who own such a large portion of our foreign debt.

While, personally, I'd love to see Israel wipe Iran off the map, I'd not like to see the entire world in shambles.

well put
  • burdz19burdz19 Member Posts: 4,145
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PBJloaf
    quote:Originally posted by spanielsells
    A war between Israel and her neighbors could spell serious trouble for the rest of the world, and I'm not talking nukes, death or destruction.

I'm talking the economy. Consider this - if Israel were to nuke Iran, you could very easily see a spike that will make $150 oil and $4.50/gallon gasoline look like The Good Old Days.

It would cause, at the very least, our economy to collapse, especially considering where we are right now. And, no amount of money Landru can throw at it would be helpful.

Our economic collapse would lead to the collapse of other nations as well - including the Chinese who own such a large portion of our foreign debt.

While, personally, I'd love to see Israel wipe Iran off the map, I'd not like to see the entire world in shambles.

well put

I understand that position but, we have the oil and my business needs that $75+ drum of oil. I'm tired of laying people off....... Dang I started to feel like the Dupont family making that post, forgive my ramblings [:o)][:D][;)]
  • machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    Losing means nothing to the Islamics, they'll just keep coming back.

Israel can only lose once.

And so can America.
  • victorlvlbvictorlvlb Member Posts: 5,004
    edited November -1
    The apple of GODS EYES will not lose, ever. I think that Israel will be kicked out of their land once more, but they will be back.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocklobster
    quote:Originally posted by tomahawk
    quote:Originally posted by pietro75
    quote:Originally posted by ECC
    Israel is not going anywhere...this could very well be the death of any and all countries that turn their backs on Israel...but Israel isn't going anywhere right now...

+1

+2 Israel does not die in prophecy, but every nation that turns against her is doomed[;)]
    Of course you can provide biblical proof of this.

Absolutely...but it's a long debate...and I really don't have time to go there.[:)]
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocklobster
    quote:Originally posted by tomahawk
    quote:Originally posted by pietro75
    Israel is not going anywhere...this could very well be the death of any and all countries that turn their backs on Israel...but Israel isn't going anywhere right now...

+1

+2 Israel does not die in prophecy, but every nation that turns against her is doomed[;)]
    Of course you can provide biblical proof of this.

Absolutely...but it's a long debate...and I really don't have time to go there.[:)]
    Wonderfully sidestepped.