In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I think I know how Harley riders feel now

Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
edited December 2003 in General Discussion
Just got done watching two hours of he!! on Spike TV, JAP CARS![:(!][:(!][:(!] My god they are ruining hotrodding with those things! Disgusting, drag racing front wheel drive cars that are built to resemble Funny cars, ohh I'm sick, I need medicine, I need to hear a big V8 to cure this ailment I have. Please give me V8!!!

line.gif
email2b.gif
hillbilly.gif

Comments

• Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought you were going to say you stood up in the bed of somebody's pickup truck and got bugs in your teeth.... [8D]

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

lifepatch.giffortbutton2.gif
  • Options
    LightningLightning Member Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought you was going to say you broke down and had to push for miles.[:D]

FUNCTION BEFORE STYLE
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I would rather have to push my HARLEY, than be caught riding a RICE
    ROCKET.[:D][:D][:o)][:o)][}:)][:p][:p][:p]

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows"
  • Options
    trstonetrstone Member Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buy a Harley---
    Buy the best!
    Ride a mile,
    Then walk the rest.
  • Options
    madmarc0madmarc0 Member Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah my Harley broke down once......in 20 years
    I still have the old beast!

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun has!______________________________________________________________Proud Member of the GunBroker Ladies' Auxiliary.
  • Options
    riverguide323riverguide323 Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    -I know what you mean...I watched the Fast & Furious movies and although they were good, I just had to chuckle.
    -For some reason I don't associate tough guys with small purple foreign cars that have neon light glowing from their undercarriages.
    -to me old mustangs and camaro's are what bad guys drive.
    -Can you imagine Burt Reynolds in a lime green Mitsubushi Eclipse instead of that T.A. in Smokey in the Bandit

By the way I drive a truck and a van. I'm not cool in the car world!

.................................................................................................
    "Pure wildness is the one great want, both of men and of sheep (John Muir)."

"In Wilderness is the Preservation of the World (Thoreau)."
  • Options
    royc38royc38 Member Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Isn't it sad? Its hard to believe that this is what has become of cool. Whenever I see those cars,I think of clown music. A friend of mine had a good response for people that drive those "things". A guy one time driving one said "What do you think of my car and his reply was: " Well just think, 20 years from now your gonna have a son and he is going to say Daddy Daddy what did you drive when you were young and you are going to have to show them a picture of that!" I laughed for ten minutes.
  • Options
    FlatheadFlathead Member Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would stand my 37 Flathead up against any of that jap crap. It might not get me there as fast but it will get me there with class.[:D]
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Right on, Flat!

Lord Lowrider the Loquacious.

Member:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets

She was only a fisherman's daughter,
    But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lonnie...you almost gave me a heart attack. For a minute there I thought you'd actually bought a Harley. Then I realized, You couldn't have gotten the Harley "feeling" so quickly. It takes 2 years of riding nothing but Harleys to purge the "RICE" from your system.[:D]

Most of the "Jap crap" I see around here makes me laugh. With their Japanese writing, dished wheels, ground effects bodywork, and huge wings on the back. I think if you slapped a big Briggs and Stratton decal on their tops, they could pass for lawn mowers.
    Where do these kids get all that money?
    Do they realize that after thet've dumped $5,000 into all that extraneous garbage, they now have $20K invested in a car that's worth $12K?
    Oh well........
    Mudge the HOG driver

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    flat8flat8 Member Posts: 887 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nothing beats a $2000 Toyota Corolla with $10,000 rims. Phat with a P-H!
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    I have my Jeep Cherokee Sport (4.0 inline six) hopped-up pretty good with bolt-on performance accessories. Borla Header and exhaust system (no catalytic conv.), JET performance module, K&N performance intake system, Helix throttle body spacer, MSD ignition system, etc. Stock engine delivers 195 hp and I'd estimate mine is pushing about 230 hp. Runs like a raped ape off the line due to the low rpm torque characteristics of the 4.0 engine.

There's nothing I like better than to get along side one of these silly Hondas or other Jap cars with all the tricked-out crap on them and the loud exhaust with a chrome 5-gallon bucket for an exhaust tip. The Borla exhaust on my Jeep is pretty snarly so I'll blip the throttle a couple times while the light is red and that's all it takes. The dudes in the import get all wound-up and punch it when the light turns green and my Jeep just eats them alive. This must happen a couple of times a week. Kinda like the "Little Old Lady From Pasadena." Some 55 year-old dude in a red Jeep Cherokee blows their doors off and then pulls into the drug store for some Pepto Bismol. [:D][:D]

Lord Lowrider the Loquacious.

Member:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets

She was only a fisherman's daughter,
    But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lowrider[:D][:D][:D]

Everyone asks me why I gotta have my pickups lifted so high, it is to clear the speedbumps[}:)] I always wanted to drive right over one at a red light.

line.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    When the scene came up where the dweeb in the little Japanese 4-banger was staying right with a 1969 Charger with a blown Hemi I sorta got the feeling that the producers were very optimistic indeed.