In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A Smart Obama Idea?

RogueStatesmanRogueStatesman Member Posts: 5,760
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
What does the fool liar Biden know about troop withdrawal and international policy promotion? Biden a liar and an idiot and I can't wait to see the mess he will create in taking on this task!

(C&P)
Biden to take new role overseeing Iraq policy
Jun 30 06:27 PM US/Eastern

President Barack Obama has asked Vice President Joe Biden to take on a new role overseeing the US departure from Iraq and Washington's effort to promote internal political reconciliation there.
The White House said Tuesday that Biden would work closely with General Ray Odierno, the top US commander in Iraq and US ambassador to Baghdad Christopher Hill as US forces prefer to leave for good by the end of 2011.

"The vice president has been asked by the president to oversee the policy," White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said Tuesday.

Biden would work with Iraqis "toward overcoming their political differences and achieving the type of reconciliation that we all understand has yet to fully take place but needs to take place."

"Given his knowledge of the region, the number of times he's been there, he's perfectly suited for this type of role," Gibbs said.

Biden, who was chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations committee before becoming vice president, has made repeated trips to Iraq, and is playing a similar role overseeing a 787 billion economic stimulus package.

Gibbs said that an idea once put forward by Biden, of dividing Iraq's Shiite, Sunni and Kurdish communities into a federation of autonomous zones, was not on the table for the Obama administration.

He said the vice president's role would likely include travel to Iraq and also meetings with the key players on US Iraq policy.

Biden's new portfolio had been rumored for several days, and Gibbs confirmed the reports on the day that US troops withdrew from the center of Iraqi cities and towns under an agreement with the Baghdad government.

[:D]

Comments

• Options
    RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
    Biden gets a bad rap, and maybe he deserves it. But I would trust him over Obumnuts by a factor of 10. I think ol' Joe is just a bunbler and not much of a thinker, but nothing sinister or evil about him.
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks to me like the Obamanator is dealing the cards in his favor.

If things go south, Biden, takes the rap...
    If things go well, BHO slaps himself on the back and looks like the hero...

This guy is a piece of work...

Please, someone, tell me when, in our nation's history has the POTUS ever delegated policy of this significance to the no. 2 guy???

He needs to belly up to the bar and at least act like he's the president of the United States of America...
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:A Smart Obama Idea?
    Oxymoron?[:D]
  • Options
    Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh this idea can't miss.
  • Options
    rhythm_guyrhythm_guy Member Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Didn't he already put Joe in charge of the stimulus plan? What is BHO, just the "idea guy?"

Or maybe BHO decided his policies are safer with Joe overseas where there aren't as many reporters to record his stupidity?
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    Another example of Obama's political history - voting "present."