In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

911 is the answer for all your problems

tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭
edited August 2006 in General Discussion
http://www.break.com/index/burger_king_911.html

911 call b/c the stupid woman does not realize the drive thru speaker is off.
I am sure you LEOs have seen similar

Comments

• Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What an IDIOT! Someone please explain to me how people can be that incredibly STUPID!
  • Options
    spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    Unfortunately, they are.

You'd be amazed what your average 911 operator has to deal with on a DAILY basis.
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    It's a bit, but the way this sort of stuff should be handled:

www.russmartin.info/audio/mp3/vault/controlkids-911.wma

Some might consider it offensive.
  • Options
    Smokeeater 38Smokeeater 38 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    My best friend is a dispatcher and at times I don't know how she keeps from killing a stupid caller; yes I do, they are on the phone and not in front of her. I know she has a stupid call when she tosses her pen at the ceiling.

Whoever said "There is no such thing as a stupid question." has obviously never worked as a dispatcher. I don't know how many times she has had to ask someone "What do you want us to do?" after listing to them ramble on for 5 minutes.

It should be legal to shoot stupid people. [:p]
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Albuquerque, and most of new Mexico have a fantastic resource to thin out the boozing croozers; Drunkbusters!
    The whole idea is to spot a drunk driving, make the call, and save a life.
    It's turned into a mish-mash of revenge calls for bad driving (ie: cut you off, speeding around you, littering), and revenge calls from ex-boy/girl friends to hassle you while you're driving somewhere.
    The rest of the calls are sincere, but give no location, aren't wearing a watch, can't remember what color/direction/road name/number of occupants, etc.
    In almost 6 months of Drunkbusters!, there have been exactly 4 arrests credited to the hotline.
    There have been almost 1250 lawsuits filed against the city for unlawful arrest, violation of rights, etc. credited to the hotline in that same time period.