In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Who is lying? The White House or Rush?

CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,596 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Rush said on his radio show that the new pick for the Supreme Court has been overturned on 80% of her appeal decisions...then the white house spokesman was on CNN saying that its not true. So who is telling the truth?

Comments

• RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
  • Saxon PigSaxon Pig Member Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Should be a matter of public record although I wouldn't know where to look.
  • OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can bet the truth is somewhere in the middle
  • dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dongizmo
    Washington Times say 60%
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/may/27/60-reversal-of-sotomayor-rulings-gives-fodder-to-f/
    Don

Well, that sure makes me feel a little more warm and fuzzy!

NOT!
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    so a judge who is currently 60-80% wrong in her rulings is going to get a chance to INTERPRET the meaning of our constitution lol, awesome
  • FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    On her most recently overturned case the Supreme Court said the COMPLETELY IGNORED THE LAW, and made her judgement based solely on her own biased opinions.
    Plus she has openly stated that she beleves the function of the high courts is to MAKE POLICY.
    Obviously this woman has no regard for the Constitution or the Rule of Law.
  • JgreenJgreen Member Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Judges and decisions don't necessarily get overturned on being "right" or "wrong". It's usually a politically motivated slant.

Perfect example is "substantial compliance". If you have a statute that says "you must do x before you do y", and someone does 95% of x, or 100% the equivalent of x, you can have the same court come out with conflicting opinions. If you have a conservative court, you may see personal injury plaintiffs being told "you didn't do 100% of x, and the law says what it says", but in another situation, perhaps with a different law that allows insurance companies to sue their insureds over some issue, that very same court will say "Well, there's no harm, no foul, they basically did what they were supposed to do, so we're going to allow it."
  • KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    how can Rush lie when the words of the prophets are written on subway walls and concert halls???

oh wait, wrong Rush...
    then I wish both he and Obama would fly by night away from here [:D]
  • Oklahoma223Oklahoma223 Member Posts: 2,648 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I said something on the politics forum about how Rush was full of crap and they were ready to string me up.
  • River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    I trust Rush Limbaugh a whole lot more than I trust any newspaper in America today. And a whole lot more than I trust the propaganda spewing out of the White House these days. Either way you cut it, this nomination is not good news.
  • jeffb1911jeffb1911 Member Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If this pick believes (and she stated this publicly on tape!) that the APPEALS COURT is where policy is made, then it would not surprise me at all. Think about it.....almost ALL liberal ideas are forced upon us BY COURTS not from elections. Even Kalifornia just VOTED to BAN gay marriage! i find it surprising that the Kali supreme court upheld that ban.
  • War Pig ActualWar Pig Actual Member Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you take Rush for anything more than his entertainment value, then you need to stop crushing and snorting your oxy and take it as prescribed.
  • slipgateslipgate Member Posts: 12,741
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KSUmarksman
    how can Rush lie when the words of the prophets are written on subway walls and concert halls???

oh wait, wrong Rush...

Hold your fire there! He does have some grace under pressure! Especially in the limelight.
  • CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,596 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by War Pig Actual
    If you take Rush for anything more than his entertainment value, then you need to stop crushing and snorting your oxy and take it as prescribed.

I think Rush Limbaugh, while being pompous and full of himself alot of times, is basically honest when he speaks.
  • cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KSUmarksman

oh wait, wrong Rush...

subway walls and tenement halls...
    Wrong Paul Simon? I don't get it.
  • NevarNevar Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree that Rush L. sometimes can be full of himself. Yet he does speak the truth [ more often than not]
    But that said She the new gods pick also stated [ on tape] that
    "RACE and GENDER" on the bench has [will] made a difference in out come.
    something like that.
    SO a another racists in a big seat ?? great idea
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jeffb1911
    If this pick believes (and she stated this publicly on tape!) that the APPEALS COURT is where policy is made, then it would not surprise me at all. Think about it.....almost ALL liberal ideas are forced upon us BY COURTS not from elections. Even Kalifornia just VOTED to BAN gay marriage! i find it surprising that the Kali supreme court upheld that ban.

Unfortunately it's not just what she believes. It is a fact.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • joker5656joker5656 Member Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Politics once again plays a role in selecting someone. Why not pick someone who actually believes in the Constitution and the laws of this country? (rhetorical) Its stupid we are putting people in key spots based on color, or gender. so much for change.
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll take Rush on this one Pure BS on the New Justice[:(][xx(][V][:(!]
  • RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1

I'd listen to Rush any day over listening to (or reading) YOUR drivel. At least he's intelligent--drugged or sober. By the way, just how much do YOU make with the broadcasts of YOUR stupid opinions? And are YOU prepared to have YOUR life lived under a microscope, for all the right-hating world to bash? Surely, YOU've never made a mistake, Oh righteous one.
    edited November -1
    Actually, i listened to Rush a few hours ago, and he said 60%, not 80%. i backed it up, and listened a 2nd time to be sure. So if he is lying then so is the newspaper quoted above. A court justice who can look at the LAW and totally ignore it is going to be a scary thing. Think about the judge in NY who ignored the lawful firearms in commerce act. Totally ignored the law. Now they want that type of judge to sit on the highest court in the land.
    edited November -1
    And sit there for life.
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If Rush said anything that was demonstrative wrong, the lame stream press would trompet it as the lead story on every news program and news paper in the country. We all know that is a 100% true statement. Since he is not, nor has he ever been accused of lying on the air, one can safely deduce that what he says is factual.
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ramtinxxl

I'd listen to Rush any day over listening to (or reading) OPRAH'S drivel. At least she's intelligent--drugged or sober. By the way, just how much does OPRAH make with the broadcasts of HER stupid opinions? And is OPRAH prepared to have HER life lived under a microscope, for all the left-hating world to bash? Surely, OPRAH's never made a mistake, Oh righteous one.

Just for fun, I changed some words.

Did they change the meaning?
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    White House AND Rush are pieces...
  • War Pig ActualWar Pig Actual Member Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Ramtinxxl
    Advanced Member

7771 Posts
    Posted - 05/27/2009 : 5:58:39 PM

quote:
    Originally posted by War Pig Actual

I'd listen to Rush any day over listening to (or reading) YOUR drivel. At least he's intelligent--drugged or sober. By the way, just how much do YOU make with the broadcasts of YOUR stupid opinions? And are YOU prepared to have YOUR life lived under a microscope, for all the right-hating world to bash? Surely, YOU've never made a mistake, Oh righteous one.

I'm surprised you were able to take Rush's sack outta yer mouth long enough to write that, or are you that talented where you can do both?
  • 44caliberkid44caliberkid Member Posts: 925 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I heard his show too, and he said 60%, but don't let the facts confuse any of you. I think the original poster sounds like a plant.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jeffb1911
    Actually, i listened to Rush a few hours ago, and he said 60%, not 80%. i backed it up, and listened a 2nd time to be sure. So if he is lying then so is the newspaper quoted above. A court justice who can look at the LAW and totally ignore it is going to be a scary thing. Think about the judge in NY who ignored the lawful firearms in commerce act. Totally ignored the law. Now they want that type of judge to sit on the highest court in the land.

Look at the bright side. When she takes her seat the reversals will decrease.
    edited November -1
    Belay my last. That side might not be so bright.
  • agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 44caliberkid
    I heard his show too, and he said 60%, but don't let the facts confuse any of you. I think the original poster sounds like a plant.

Pretty stupid statement from a FNG.
  • Aspen79seAspen79se Member Posts: 4,707
    edited November -1
    From the Washington Times article:

quote:Mr. Gibbs dismissed questions about Judge Sotomayor's reversal rate, saying she wrote 380 majority opinions during her 11 years on the appeals court. Of those 380 opinions, the Supreme Court heard five of the cases and overturned her on three.

That means the SCOUTS overturned her less than one percent of the time.
  • RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    quote:Ramtinxxl
    Advanced Member

7771 Posts
    Posted - 05/27/2009 : 5:58:39 PM

quote:
    Originally posted by War Pig Actual

I'm surprised you were able to take Rush's sack outta yer mouth long enough to write that, or are you that talented where you can do both?

You'd know more about sacks in the mouth, you frigging fa g got! You give the term "bloviate" a whole new meaning...expounding on crap here like ANYone gives a flip about your limp-wristed opinion. You can only wet-dream about being one tenth the man that Rush Limbaugh is. I must have struck close to where you slither to get such a tasteful retort from your righteousness. [V]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Aspen79se
    That means the SCOUTS overturned her less than one percent of the time.

Three out of five is sixty percent.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ramtinxxl
    ...You can only wet-dream about being one tenth the man that Rush Limbaugh is...

Now THAT is below the belt...
  • dft88dft88 Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hope you don't listen to Rush expecting to get the truth. Is only interested in the ratings.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check this out-[:D] lol
    White House to Sonia Sotomayor critics: Be 'careful'

http://tinyurl.com/qvghbv
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Name 1 Supreme Court Justice that was wrong more than this woman.

She is not qualified for the job.
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FrancF
    Check this out-[:D] lol
    White House to Sonia Sotomayor critics: Be 'careful'

http://tinyurl.com/qvghbv

Don't give me "Be nice to her because she is a mexican woman crap"

This is blood sports....send her in to the slaughter[}:)]
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Saw a political advert on TV tonight promoting Sotomayor for the USSC.
    O'B must think he's in trouble with the appointment.
    I wonder who is paying for this publicity campaign?