In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rugster......the big gun auction from last week!!!

groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
edited April 2004 in General Discussion
Rugster, I didn't go up to Hillsville to that big auction last week but I was in Hillsville yesterday and asked a guy I know who did go. He said there were about 300 people there at the start but 10 minutes into it there was only about 200 and an hour later it was down to about 100 that were still crazy!!! Some examples.....Ruger #1's with Tascos or Simmons brought over $800.00 and the one with a Leupold brought $850.00!! No difference! Ruger 10/22's, nothing special, just 10/22's.....$300.00!!! A Mossberg 20 guage pump.....$500.00!!! Where do these people come from? Maybe we ought to put an auction together and have it at the VFW hall on Friday night since that's usually payday for these folks!! GHD

Comments

• Options
    BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    Isn't it just amazing how perfectly sane people become totally INSANE at an auction?I used to go to a lot of estate auctions around here because there would always be at least the old farmers shotgun and his .22 rifle there.Never even got close to buying anything.

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And just to think I hated I could not go?Wow I thought this would be a chance to get a good deal.I should have known it was to good to be true.Thanks for the post I now know I didnt miss anything.BTW I can only imagine what they ask for the farm equipment?

Best!!

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Same down here in Florida, go to an auction that has a gun or two and just set back and laugh at the ding bats.. seen em pay 125.00 for a broken down old Iver Johnson Breaktop .32 cal, and 600.00 for a put together 1911 A1 that was rusty. Heck I put up a Black powder rifle that you could buy at K mart for 80.00 and some guy wound up paying 165.00 for it[:D]

But thats the way of the auction, not good for buyers, buy great for the Seller.[^]

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • Options
    ineedabrowninggoldineedabrowninggold Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was there and there was a Sako worth maybe 750, sold for 1650, a Browning pump 28 ga. wholesale 650, sold for 1075, people are crazy.
  • Options
    groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    ineedabrowninggold, You're not far from here!!! I know Newport well! Shot a lot of groundhogs there when I went to TECH!!! You coming to Salem tomorrow for the gunshow? You can meet Buffler, Laxcoach, Reddog, possibly 4-wheeler, and myself if you show up! GHD