In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Not sure how true this is,but....

Bushy ARBushy AR Member Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2003 in General Discussion
Friend gave me this...sure makes me want to check the facts...I wouldn't doubt it's validity though...kinda makes me go Hmmmm...Bushy quote:What a Company
Can you imagine working for a company that has a little more
than 500 employees and has the following statistics:
29 have been accused of spousal abuse
7 have been arrested for fraud
19 have been accused of writing bad checks
117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses
3 have done time for assault
71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
8 have been arrested for shoplifting
21 are currently defendants in lawsuits
84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year
Can you guess which organization this is?
It's the 535 members of the United States Congress.
The same group of idiots that crank out hundreds of new laws
each year designed to keep the rest of us in line.

"But those who expect to reap the blessing of freedom,must,like men,undergo the fatigue of supporting it."..."He who dares not offend cannot be honest"...Thomas Paine

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    AND, there are probably a few more serious and petty crimes ya could add to that list..Only the ELITE[xx(]

Pepe_stand3.jpg

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows"
    BIG DOG
    wheelie.gif
  • Options
    outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    Seen this previously and wondered about it's accuracy, but as Classic noted, most likely worse.
  • Options
    DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bushy AR
    Friend gave me this...sure makes me want to check the facts...I wouldn't doubt it's validity though...

Urban Legend. But why bother to check the facts when you can just admit you haven't and cut and paste it anyway. As a wise, old philosopher once said:
    I sometimes use a quote because possibly that person sums up my feelings better than I could myself...as opposed to some who feel that no one but themselves could possibly compose such striking prose that the rest of us will be suitably impressed...I don't feel the overwhelming desire to impress anyone...I grew out of that a long time ago...
  • Options
    jujujuju Member Posts: 6,321
    edited November -1
    Urban legend

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/congress.htm

JuJu (linking to an interesting website)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    JuJu...thanks for pointing that out...and DWS...who kicked over your rock?...and if I may quote myself... quote:
    .....................................................................Not all of us on this planet were fortunate enough to be born with the capacity to amass enough intellect,or be highly educated enough to pronounce judgement upon others...I see that you have...In my case,I am a common working man,with common sense enough to not be condesending in my attitude towards others less fortunate than myself...I get along better with others that way...I think I am less likely to "get my clock cleaned" by someone if I treat them with common decency...something,it seems,you lack... it must be a terrible burden for some to carry all that knowledge and wisdom,and possibly have very few friends because of the attitude that goes with it...I am glad that I am of lesser intellect and have friends...Bushy

"But those who expect to reap the blessing of freedom,must,like men,undergo the fatigue of supporting it."..."He who dares not offend cannot be honest"...Thomas Paine

• Options
    bolthandlebolthandle Member Posts: 1,213 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    your probably just touching the top of the iceberg.
    Bolt

PEACE THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ...and DWS...who kicked over your rock?

Yes, and the statement above is so representative of the ethic you so proudly claim in your quote. Pathetic.

[/quote]
    Not all of us on this planet were fortunate enough to be born with the capacity to amass enough intellect, or be highly educated enough to pronounce judgement upon others...I see that you have...In my case, I am a common working man, with common sense enough to not be condesending in my attitude towards others...I think I am less likely to "get my clock cleaned" by someone if I treat them with common decency...something,it seems,you lack... it must be a terrible burden for some to carry all that knowledge and wisdom,and possibly have very few friends because of the attitude that goes with it...I am glad that I am of lesser intellect and have friends...Bushy
    [/quote]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    DWS...Yep...common and proud...decent towards others...I try to not insult or ridicule...and proud of it...and if that is pathetic in your mind,I feel sorry for you...must be lonely at the top...why is it that you don't say in your profile where you live or what you do?...Bushy

• Options
    edited November -1
    Yep...common and proud...decent towards others and proud of it...

A pathetic hypocrite.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    DWS...Yep...common and proud...decent towards others...I try to not insult or ridicule...and proud of it...

An even more pathetic hypocrite. Keep editing; you'll soon absolve yourself of original sin.
  • Options
    jetjet Member Posts: 543 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wonder what the statistics for the general population is the same