In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Let's not lose anybody tonight...

offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
edited December 2002 in General Discussion
A year or two ago we had an LEO on the late shift pull out on the green light and get broadsided by a truck. He's no longer with us.

Let's not lose anybody tonight. Look both ways after dark, even if your light is green.

Life NRA Member

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

Comments

• pikeal1pikeal1 Member Posts: 2,707
    edited November -1
    yeah, and also if you are going to have a few glasses of beer/champagne/whatever, make sure you have someone to drive you around.

also, beware of lead falling from the sky.

"The only way American citizens can adequately be protected from terror and violence is when" those in authority protect us from those who would harm us, instead of protecting us from ourselves.
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As I noted in another post, I really dislike going out for New Year's if I have to drive, but looks like I may be drafted this year. I will be careful, but doesn't mean the other guys will be, or sober. [V][:(!][V][:(!][V]
  • cowdoccowdoc Member Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    alcohol and driving doesnt mix for sure, a single father of two daughters here that i know had to bury one daughter day after christmas here because of alcohol related accident she was a second year college student. just aint worth it.
    doc
  • whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm staying home to watch the second half of 'Lonesome Dove'. You folks that drive, well, you know.....

CLouder..
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    offeror--who did we lose?

I'll be in a small town in Nebraska. There isn't anywhere in that town that you can get to on foot.
  • kgnovumkgnovum Member Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Club Soda and lime for me tonight!! And I'll still have a ball...
  • cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I havn't gone out on NYE for 25 years. Too many amateur drinkers out there!

cbxjeffIt's too late for me, save yourself.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ditto that cbxjeff - We always stay home on amateur nite ... and sometimes, somehow manage to stay up and bring in the New Year!

===========================
    Chance favors the prepared mind
    kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    Three other couples over here will spend the night even if they don't need to, just to stay off the roads. Oldtimers here, Monopoly and Scrabble to the wee hours. Doesn't take much for us to have fun but each other.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Let's not lose anybody tonight.
    Amen

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • elect1mikeelect1mike Member Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please guys lets be careful out there. Its too easy to meet your
    maker by someone elses hand. I am staying home and marking the new year with my better half. Good luck and a prayer for those who are going out. I want to be on line at midnight to see Pa's little man
    anyway. GO PA

bull.txt
    col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    O give me a home where no democrats roam
  • KnifecollectorKnifecollector Member Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was taught in drivers ed that a green light was not an order to proceed, only permission. Have to look both ways first.