In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Alaska State Troopers

KnifecollectorKnifecollector Member Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭
edited November 2015 in General Discussion
Has anyone else saw the episode where a passenger had a .40 cal semi auto pistol. He had a concealed carry permit and told the trooper about it when asked if there were any weapons in the car. The trooper confiscated the pistol and gave him a court date, said the passenger didn't tell him about the pistol fast enough.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I'm watching an episode now. I think we can all agree that Alaska probably has the most wildlife in the U.S.. But I have never seen more wanton waste, and poaching on any program Killing moose and bears during spring time when their young depend on them to live it atrosious. Dozens of caribou slaughtered for minimal meat harvesting by native Alaskans no less. Hundreds of salmon taken out of season. I cannot understand these people. But the fines that are administered along with jail time are as large as the state itself.
  • Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    what is Alaska law concerning CC notification to a PO?
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    EVERYBODY carries in Alaska. If you don't you are a felon or a idiot. I was never unarmed in AK, I flew all over the state taking a gun with me. The few interactions I had with LEO's was no biggie, I told them I had a gun, usually a S&W 686 or a 29. Most never even asked to see it. None seemed to care; times must be changing...
  • Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    TV show, right?

[;)]
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,027 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by US Military Guy
    TV show, right?

[;)]
    there ya go,,[;)][;)]
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I watched one episode where the troopers stated that in Alaska, everyone carries. They always assume the driver has a handgun or an AR in the vehicle. It is life to them. Times must be changing there. Oakie
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by discusdad
    what is Alaska law concerning CC notification to a PO?

As I recall it was upon being stopped, or engaged in communication.
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It seemed to me that this particular trooper was against concealed carry. He said something to the effect of " does it make you feel cool to carry these things ? " He may have just been miffed at the passenger but it didn't look good for the trooper. He pulled the passenger from the car, handcuffed him and ran check on the firearm, which came back as registered to the passenger. Trooper says I'm confiscating this thing for evidence.