In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I got the two chargers for the laptop....thank you

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,617 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2006 in General Discussion
I have been in Gateway "limbo" for about two months now. I got a new laptop....my son lost the letter F off of the key board on the third day I had it!!! I ordered a replacement keyboard (only $95) and had it put in ($30) only to have my dog chew up the power cable about a week later.

I ordered the part to replace it ($85) and the wrong part was sent to me.....it only took three phone calls and two hours of being on hold each time I called to get the wrong thing. I finally got the right charger....but it took my brother who is a computer guy dealing with a service person that he knew. I was happy for about another week.

Guess what....huggy bear got it again!!!! Dang it!!! Another two hour phone call to TRY and get someone to give me the right one. I don't think the replacement was the "right one" it just worked but it got so hot it had to be wrong...(I don't know really) Anyway, the Gun Broker network is my savior!!!! I was sent two power cords and I got them two days ago.

I think neither one is the right one....they don't stay plugged in. I am going to send you out an e-mail and maybe get with you on just sending you the entire laptop and ALL of my cords....if that is O.K.

Then you can see what a mess this is....One set of chewed up..three replacements that aren't right. I don't think I could do another two hour phone adventure to get the parts from Gateway. I am about to "chunk" the thing I paid $1,000 for!!!
LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like you need one of those them there "hardened for hazardous environment" units, LF!
  • Fep1990Fep1990 Member Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry they did not work LF. We have at least one of pretty much every ac and power cord Gateway makes. If you want, ship them back to my work address and I'll see what I can do.

your ac for that laptop is a PA1121 aka QND1ACYZZZTA86-- 19v 6.3a, but, if they still do not stay plugged in, it may not be the power adapter. We might have a solution. Email me tomorrow and I will let you know.[:)]
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,617 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is it illegal to pull your dog's teeth??? Kidding...maybe

I just would like to know what Gateway's problem is. I think if they had a clue of what a hassle to deal with anything there would be some changes made.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Fep1990Fep1990 Member Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D]. Unfortunatly, they are not the only ones that outsource. We have one company that is actually enjoyable to call due to thier knowedgle tech support.

I can remember when my father bought a Compaq Presario back when they first came out. We bought a CDRom drive, and it took several hours on hold only to be told that we had to go to Seattle to buy some drive rails to install the drive in his NEW computer.