In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

AR15 Try again! Lower price.

sarge_3adsarge_3ad Member Posts: 8,387 ✭✭
edited June 2013 in General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    Not me. They are dangerous.

Only Glock's are worse.
  • Options
    m88.358winm88.358win Member Posts: 7,272 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D]
    quote:Originally posted by bigoutside
    Not me. They are dangerous.

Only Glock's are worse.
  • Options
    burpfireburpfire Member Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ar-15s are all over the place where I live. market is flooded. not to mention your prices are way high!
  • Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you are a tad bit high on most and twice high on that ar50

that is actually the .50 I plan on getting
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Not at your prices [xx(] Our local Wallie World just got a Bushmaster and a Stag in [^]
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by burpfire
    ar-15s are all over the place where I live. market is flooded. not to mention your prices are way high!

I didn't want to be the first to comment...but...kinda steep
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think your really fair with that 50bmg for todays market. Good luck with all the auctions- the 50 BMG just happens to be one of those things I just plain want but don't have!
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would like the .50 too. I wish i had known about the 1919a4...
  • Options
    sarge_3adsarge_3ad Member Posts: 8,387 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Alright, I'm listening and want to move these! See if these are any better prices.

The 50cal. is a consigned gun. I have to go by what the owner wants.
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Show this to the owner of that 50.

They aren't selling at $2800....add $1000 for scope {[:0]}..add $150 for ammo......total= $4000 or so...

http://www.GunBroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=Armalite+AR-50
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    3 months ago, those would have went as fast as you could list them.

As far as your current price goes, I hesitate to make a judgement, so I looked at the complete auctions to see what the market is saying.

In the last 30 days, there have been 4 M4A3s sold on the auction side

Prices were:
    1) 975 + 30 shipping
    2) 950 + 30 shipping
    3) 705 + 30 shipping
    4) 855 + 30 shipping

Take it for what it's worth
  • Options
    shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sarge_3ad
    Alright, I'm listening and want to move these! See if these are any better prices.

Well the consignor will most likely be holding on to it then.

A brand new AR-50:
    http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=344879123

There are actually several around or less than that price right on GB.

ATN scopes are not expensive at all and in my opinion really have no place on top of an Armalite AR-50[:0] The ammo is worth around $400 or so depending on brand.

As for your other auctions I don't think they are overpriced at all, people that are saying your price is high on the Bushmaster and Mossberg's gotta make sure they are comparing apples to apples, An M4A3 is gonna be higher than a Bushmaster Carbon 15 for example.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    your mossbergs are priced pretty good, but the bushys are still high. quite a few on GunBroker and not selling. if I was you, I would move them quickly. in another month, ar-15s will be really low. my local walmart and local mom and pops plus scheels has a lot of them in stock and cheap.

the consignment 50 will never sell at that price. the scope is worth nothing, the ammo about 3.00 per round at most. a used ar-50 about 2500.00. I would talk to your customer and show him the ones already listed on GunBroker. not criticizing you, just stating the obvious.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    your mossbergs are priced pretty good, but the bushys are still high. quite a few on GunBroker and not selling. if I was you, I would move them quickly. in another month, ar-15s will be really low. my local walmart and local mom and pops plus scheels has a lot of them in stock and cheap.

the consignment 50 will never sell at that price. the scope is worth nothing, the ammo about 3.00 per round at most. a used ar-50 about 2500.00. I would talk to your customer and show him the ones already listed on GunBroker. not criticizing you, just stating the obvious.

Show me why his price is high on the exact same gun please.
  • Options
    kissgoodnightkissgoodnight Member Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did not know Mossberg made AR-15's.
  • Options
    footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Locust Fork does good with penny auctions. Might be the difference between just 'showing' or actually 'selling' [^]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    here is one cheaper than his. not by much, but you have to be cheaper than the same new gun on GunBroker if you expect it to sell. my local walmart has the exact gun for 879.00. my point is this, the market is FLOODED, if you want to move ar-15s, you had better do it now! prices have more than dropped in half in the last month, and will continue to go down. there is 3154 ar-15s for sale on GunBroker right now. not criticizing, but they will never sell when there are thousands for sale, and his are priced almost the same.

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=344389547
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one I would sell for $660 and some shipping, new never fired, 1 mag, manuals, box
  • Options
    edited November -1
    here is one cheaper than his. not by much, but you have to be cheaper than the same new gun on GunBroker if you expect it to sell. my local walmart has the exact gun for 879.00. my point is this, the market is FLOODED, if you want to move ar-15s, you had better do it now! prices have more than dropped in half in the last month, and will continue to go down. there is 3154 ar-15s for sale on GunBroker right now. not criticizing, but they will never sell when there are thousands for sale, and his are priced almost the same.

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=344389547

You stated earlier his prices are "Way High", out of all of them on GunBroker(I checked too, btw) there is one that was less than his by a whole $6.

Again, the one at Walmart is the exact same? You are comparing model number to model number? Also taking in to consideration Bushmaster makes almost 50 differant AR-15's chambered in .223/5.56.

I do agree with you though that the market is getting flooded with them, I can see some of the dealers that ordered way too many at the distributor shows and backorders that are left holding a crapload more than they could ever sell may have to purge their inventories at possible less than their cost but that won't last long then the prices will be back to normal, which I believe Sarge 3ad's prices are pretty close to.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    yes, his prices were way high! did you see that he lowered them? they were almost 1400.00. its my opinion he is still too high. look at all the ar-15s for sale, hardly any bids on them. people have bought their fill of ar-15s. you can sit and debate all night about model numbers and so on. bottom line is that if he wants to sell them, they have to be cheaper than the others on GunBroker. I am just stating that it is now a buyers market, and prices are just going to keep dropping. my local walmart 2 weeks ago had 2 dpms in stock for 589.00. the prices are almost back to pre-panic.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are more likely to get a bid now that you made the starting price more reasonable. Good for you for being flexible. Now that ARs are popping up in the box stores with more frequency, and demand has dropped you are competing with less buyers on GB. I hope you get some bids! I've bought quite a bit on GB over the years, but some of the prices especially right now are higher than what is available in my region so the two markets don't necessarily line up.
  • Options
    WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see Bushys for $800.00-$850.00 locally NIB.

Remember most AR buyers know a Bushmaster is not really a Bushmaster anymore. It is a Remington and considered less desirable than a real Bushmaster now labeled Windham which can also be had in the $800.00 range.

This market spiked for maybe 6 weeks but started dropping the day Obama announced they would not be able to ban AR15s.

The reason prices on ammo and reloading supplies are so high their is still more demand than product.
    The reason prices are falling so fast on AR15s is because there are now many more guns than people that want to buy them.

Wait another month and they will be worth $100.00 less than today and very very soon they will be worth less than wholesale.

No dog in this hunt I have all I want which is more than I need so would not buy one for $600.00 now.

Just expressing an opinion based on doing gun shows and selling/buying on GB

Wulfmann
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
  • Options
    WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I should have also stated your starting prices are more than fair it is just in a free market things are not always fair

Wulfmann
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess the AR frenzy is over. We had a Gun Show here the first weekend in January. I got there early when it first opened.
    A seller has 5 ARs: Bushmasters & DPMS. He wanted 2 grand a piece for them. I saw one guy count out 20 C-notes and walk away with one right after the doors opened.
    Came back the following Sunday and all were gone. I was stunned.

It was not until May when we had another gun show in town. Saw DPMS for around a grand, Bushmasters, and Colt going for about $200 more than they normally retail for. This time no one was buying.

I now see them back in stock at Walmart and the LGS. Prices are what I would call normal. If i could only find some ammo......
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,971 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do believe the panic has subsided. I am even beginning to see more and more ammo available.
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now when are the WASR AKs going to come back down in price?

I have several guns I need to replace since the redhead sold half of my collection [:(!]
  • Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yeah,but you dont have to list stupid prices
    thats a waste of your time and listing fees
    you might as well make it $1,000,000
    the ATN scope adds no value, certainly not $1,000. i honestly would rather not have it, if of i could not resell it.
    http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=344592566

quote:Originally posted by sarge_3ad