In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Al-Qaeda wants to attack N.Y. again!

alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
edited August 2004 in General Discussion
(CNN) -- New intelligence indicates al Qaeda is threatening to attack corporate and financial institutions in New York City, a federal law enforcement official has told CNN.

The official said on Saturday the information suggests "there is a new plan in the works."

There are no details on possible methods of attack, and authorities are aware of no specific time frame.

Although the information has not been corroborated, its source is considered credible, the official said.

A New York City official said Saturday that police and members of the Joint Terrorism Task Force, which includes representatives of federal agencies, have met this weekend. The official said city agencies are on high alert.

The New York Police Department issued a statement Saturday, warning, "Intelligence reporting indicates that al Qaeda continues to target for attack commercial and financial institutions, as well as international organizations, inside the United States.

"The New York City Police Department has deployed its resources accordingly."

On Friday, the FBI issued a threat advisory to law enforcement officials in New York.

The nation's threat level is at category "yellow," or elevated, but New York City's has been at "orange," or high, since the September 11, 2001, attacks.

Homeland Security officials spoke with New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly Friday night and indicated that the attacks might be carried out with car or truck bombs.

Federal officials also met with Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge. There were meetings Friday night and Saturday.

New York police recommended Saturday that companies consider taking precautions, including:

# Posting security at the fresh-air intake in heating, ventilation and air conditioning rooms, if they are accessible to the public, and keep the rooms locked

# Challenging maintenance workers when maintenance has not been requested, and watching for unexpected deliveries

# Testing alarm systems, including those on rooftop doors

New York is preparing for the Republican National Convention, which will begin August 30.

The Department of Homeland Security has named the convention a national special security event, meaning the Secret Service will coordinate security.

Ridge said in early July that al Qaeda was planning a large-scale attack in "an effort to disrupt the democratic process" before the elections in November.

Gun_smokes.gif

Delta.gif

Extreme moments of horror should be met with extreme actions of preventive retribution

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my youth the most!

Comments

• Options
    CountryGunsmithCountryGunsmith Member Posts: 617 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is ongoing intelligence, not new intelligence.

Scrappy Doo sleeps with the fishes.
  • Options
    Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    Unfortunately, it is only a matter of time until this happens [:(]

NSDQ!

NS_Crest.jpgr6team.gifAmerican_IR_Flag.jpg

"The Lord knows the way I take, and when He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold" JOB 23:10
  • Options
    Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    Imagine losing the debt records to every American credit card owner....

$1 Trillion dollars wiped clean from our National Deficit.

ohh....this is tragic. Dang those terrorists.[:(!][:p]

awcountdown.gifIt wasn't only the Bill Clinton Gun Ban- without Bill Ruger there would of been no ban .
    MichaelMooreFatStupid.gif
  • Options
    pipskickspipskicks Member Posts: 3,049
    edited November -1
    I've heard they're threatening L.A. too.
    I hope we have a good president in office when this happens though...

"Girls often say it's not the size of the boat, and it's the motion of the ocean, well I'll tell you this it takes a hell of a long time to get to England on a row boat"
    "Marrying for sex is like taking a plane ride for peanuts"
    -Jeff Foxworthy
  • Options
    0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    i wouldnt be suprised if they hit seattle.there are many targets here

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
  • Options
    HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    Pipskicks: quote:I hope we have a good president in office when this happens though... Yeah, the one there now sure ain't and his competition ain't neither. [:(]

Please everyone--vote for Al Sharpton instead of either Tweedledee or Tweedledum. [;)][}:)]

Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.
  • Options
    reb8600reb8600 Member Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So many times they say they have information about an attack and it dont happen. This is starting to sound more like the story of the boy who cried wolf. I am tired of hearning about there reliable information.

Roy.gifGuncontrol-The ability to hit what your aiming at.