In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

natchez just lost my business

1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=GLMF17117&src=tpMfg

Read the Illinois restrictions, there is no restrictions here at this time, the last bill was shot down

Comments

• Options
    footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Good for Natchez [^]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by footlong
    Good for Natchez [^]

Why?
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why should it matter to you ??? You live in fricken Chili for Gods sake. Who gives a crap about some flat landers.
  • Options
    1880texan1880texan Member Posts: 978 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can you even own a gun in Chili?
  • Options
    saserbysaserby Member Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree. It's BS. I get the same thing about ammo sometimes and all they need is a copy of my FOID card. Perfectly legal outside Cook County.
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At those prices I wouldn't need another reason not to buy them. [;)]
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    we_dig_itwe_dig_it Member Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They have a limit of 1 box on 22lr. Worse policy than our Walmart(3).

I said no thanks.
  • Options
    bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1fan
    http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=GLMF17117&src=tpMfg

Read the Illinois restrictions, there is no restrictions here at this time, the last bill was shot down

Did you call them and explain that you don't live in Chitcago? [8]

I had to do that to some place online (can't remember who) & told them that central IL has no bans or restricions at all(except full auto).

They let me email a scanned copy of my FOID & said anytime I wanted to order in the future, no problem.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    They know exatly where I live, and have me on file as well, I purchased several thousand rounds of bulk 5.56 last year, that page says Illinois not cook county

It probaly was them if you had to scan it and email your foid in
  • Options
    CDMeadCDMead Member Posts: 2,141 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bambambam
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1fan

Did you call them and explain that you don't live in Chitcago? [8]

I had to do that to some place online (can't remember who) & told them that central IL has no bans or restricions at all(except full auto).

They let me email a scanned copy of my FOID & said anytime I wanted to order in the future, no problem.

+1

I really enjoy it when people complain about such and such a policy without giving the policy maker a chance to fix a mistake.
  • Options
    bartman45bartman45 Member Posts: 3,008 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1880texan
    Can you even own a gun in Chili?

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmchili
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,004 ******
    edited November -1
    Chili's is one of our favorite restaurants.
  • Options
    PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I used to buy from Natchez until about 10 years ago when they refused to sell to people in Alabama.
  • Options
    cwinncwinn Member Posts: 1,223 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by armilite
    Why should it matter to you ??? You live in fricken Chili for Gods sake. Who gives a crap about some flat landers.

Says the guy who pays homage to an Illinois based company with his screen name
  • Options
    nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,804 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They don't want to do business with Alabamians [:o)]
  • Options
    machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    It's getting to the point where anyone needs a board of lawyers just to review the laws and ordinances passed by States, municipalities, and other political subdivisions, on a daily basis.

That's what happens when all of a people are not covered by a single Constitution. Communization works piecemeal, too.

States are granted their charters contingent on their steady observation of the Federal Bill of Rights. All of it. Whatever happened to that?
  • Options
    legearlegear Member Posts: 6,716
    edited November -1
    I CANT buy from them. They will not sell to Alabama residents, companies only.
  • Options
    tneff1969tneff1969 Member Posts: 6,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    Chili's is one of our favorite restaurants.

I really like the corn on the cob, pretty tasty. [:D]
  • Options
    Gary LGary L Member Posts: 291 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What should be happening is all of these weapons related companies should stand together and quit shipping to all of these overly restrictive states. Individuals, companies and particularly law enforcement agencies.

I would be thrilled to learn that NY and all the other states pushing for 2A restrictions found themselves unable to purchase weapons and ammo even for law enforcement use. All they need to say is "If we can't do business with your residents then we do no business at all in your state".
  • Options
    machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    But - if every weapons maker in the country world refused to sell to restrictive States, Obama would just buy the stuff, or have it made by restarting the Rock Island Arsenal or some such, and arm the States through a newly-created agency. But I don't see Cerberus or Glock telling him 'no'.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cwinn
    quote:Originally posted by armilite

Says the guy who pays homage to an Illinois based company with his screen name

And that means exactly what ??? That only Armalite exists because Illinois is the only place on the planet that Armalite could build a gun. Oh and my name pays homage to the original Armalite from Costa Mesa and Eugene Stoner not Mark Westrom but hey you knew that right ???