In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

NUNN???

dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,786 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2016 in General Discussion
What is this "S-word" you keep referring to lately??? I've seen you refer to it several times in recent posts.

I'm sorry, I don't understand.

<---dumb cowboy, I know.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:
    Pa, I don't think some people realize there are younger members here... Of course people learn by asking questions and I'd like to think we'll always help, but the truth is a question asked by a youngster will more likely get a more educational response than the exact same question asked by an adult. I think many people just assume the person on the keyboard is an adult, and therefore are quick to judge.

Nunn: Bambihunters response has me wondering would it be possible for Admin to put some kind of symbol by the name of all of our younger members. By younger I mean in age! We have several on board now and I think it is great! Wish we had more! Many response's would be less critical and more informational if we realized that we are addressing a younger person! Just a thought!
    Pa.

pacamopasrear.gif

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A couple of weeks ago you asked a question about that flashlight that we all been getting popups about. Did you ever find out if it really is as bright as the ads claim?? Is it a quality product??

Inquiring minds want to know![:D]
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got one coming in the next few days that I won in a giveaway, I'll let you know.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,004 ******
    edited November -1
    I didn't buy one.

Waiting for a reliable review.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Armalite or anyone else, I need some type of feedback from a knowledgeable GBer. I would really like a seriously bright light for a multitude of reasons. The problem is that buying a product that doesn't live up to its hype always seem to produce a situation where trying to get a refund of your money seems to be very difficult.

This light is, if it is as advertised, pretty important to me as I want one for my 22 year old daughter to have placed beside her Ruger LCR. A seriously bright light could be the extra that tips the balance in her favor should she ever have a break in/home invasion.
  • Options
    searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    I don't know if mine is the same exact one or not. It looks the same. Mine shipped from China, and took forever to get here. It was advertised on a different site. I think it is the same thing, but not positive. IF it is the same, it's a good light, and will light up whatever you want lit up. My place is about 2 acres, with a road at the back. It will light the road up. Now, the bright setting is doesn't throw a real wide pattern, but it is good enough. The flood setting wil light the close yard up, and does have a wide area of illumination. I have had it for over a year, used it quite a bit, and only changed batteries twice. It was still working when I changed them, but the light was getting a little dim. I think if it has a weak spot, it's the off/on button. there has been a time or two that I had to click it a couple times. Always worked, though. Again, I am not sure that this is the exact same light.

Dan
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dreher
    Armalite or anyone else, I need some type of feedback from a knowledgeable GBer. I would really like a seriously bright light for a multitude of reasons. The problem is that buying a product that doesn't live up to its hype always seem to produce a situation where trying to get a refund of your money seems to be very difficult.

This light is, if it is as advertised, pretty important to me as I want one for my 22 year old daughter to have placed beside her Ruger LCR. A seriously bright light could be the extra that tips the balance in her favor should she ever have a break in/home invasion.

I'll be sure to let everyone know. A few years back I took a surefire G2 and replaced the bulb with a cree bulb. It took a pretty good light and made it better. That is what I will use to compare this new to me light to.
  • Options
    PacManPacMan Member Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What light are you talking about? If I get my hands on one I could test it in my lab. I test performance of luminaires for a living....
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    I carry a Streamlight Strion LED HL that puts out 500 lumens/10K candela, has three different brightness levels plus strobe mode, an aircraft aluminum body and is rechargeable.

It's a ton of light in a really small package.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PacMan
    What light are you talking about? If I get my hands on one I could test it in my lab. I test performance of luminaires for a living....

The Shadow Hawk
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,260 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Txs
    I carry a Streamlight Strion LED HL that puts out 500 lumens/10K candela, has three different brightness levels plus strobe mode, an aircraft aluminum body and is rechargeable.

It's a ton of light in a really small package.
    Streamlight has a long time reputation as being a reliable light. I'd go with that (or one of the other reputable manufacturers) long before I'd use some fly by night outfit's light, where life and death may be the difference.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Probably won't be here until the middle of next week but I did managed to get their price structure.

quote: $29/ea 5 Shadowhawk Flashlights, 75% OFF DISCOUNT! ($145 total)
    $39/ea 3 Shadowhawk Flashlights, 66% OFF DISCOUNT! ($117 total)
    $56 1 Shadowhawk Flashlight ($56.00 per unit)
    $97 2 Shadowhawk Flashlights ($48.50 Per Unit)
    $169 4 Shadowhawk Flashlights ($42.25 Per Unit)
    $350 10 Shadowhawk Flashlights ($35.00 Per Unit)
    $525 15 Shadowhawk Flashlights ($35.00 Per Unit)
    $700 20 Shadowhawk Flashlights ($35.00 Per Unit)