In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

TV reception question

matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
Here at the RV park where I'm staying they recently installed what they are calling cable TV. However it is simply satellite that they are piping to all the RV spots.

Question: How come the local channels are a bit "snowy" and all the other channels, i.e. VH1, FX, CMT, Animal Planet, etc. are crystal clear?

Comments

• _bruno__bruno_ Member Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My guess would be that the local channels are coming in off of broadcast towers, and the other channels are from a satelite feed. Then again I could be completely wrong.
  • proappproapp Member Posts: 3,264
    edited November -1
    animal planet?
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good question, my guess is the satellite company is not that concerned with the quality of the local stations.
  • we_dig_itwe_dig_it Member Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How are the PPV?[}:)]
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:_bruno_

USA
    526 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2010 : 9:57:25 PM
    My guess would be that the local channels are coming in off of broadcast towers, and the other channels are from a satelite feed. Then again I could be completely wrong.

That would be my guess also. The local channels are probably not part of the cable/satellite package that your camp ground has. The local channels are probably coming off a seperate feed.