In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rail mounted accessories

toolmaniamtoolmaniam Member Posts: 3,213
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
Is it me or are the manufacturers getting carried away with rail mounted stuff for you rifles and pistols? Next thing you'll be able to mount is a microwave to heat your lunch up on long days in the field or while your pinned down in a fire fight. I see some peoples AR's and they look like a carnival ride. Just plain crazy if you ask me.[:D]

Comments

• Options
    cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You don't have a microwave mounted on your AR rail? you are such a loser. All the cool guys have microwave oven on their AR.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well its not just people look at what they are using over in Iraq & Afghanistan.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,356 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Oh yeah, some of 'em look plum goofy.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Don't have the rails mounted on it yet but this will be the next thing I add on my AR. It's not a micro wave but it will do in a pinch.

[img][/img]AR10B_002.jpg
  • Options
    D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I had a guy come into the store yesterday with a S&W M&P15 M-4 config with the full rails, an eotech, removable sights, foregrip with laser and flashlight, said he had the pnvs current issue and a COBRAY 37mm grenade launcher. I have never mounted one on a picatinny rail and this one wasn't designed to be mounted picatinny style. I showed him how they were designed to be mounted and he was devastated. He said it was his "patrol carbine" and he really wanted the grenade launcher on it. I told him to contact COBRAY. They probably make a rail mount for it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    D1
    Advanced Member

USA
    7040 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2010 : 10:11:04 PM Show Profile Email Poster Reply with Quote
    I had a guy come into the store yesterday with a S&W M&P15 M-4 config with the full rails, an eotech, removable sights, foregrip with laser and flashlight, said he had the pnvs current issue and a COBRAY 37mm grenade launcher. I have never mounted one on a picatinny rail and this one wasn't designed to be mounted picatinny style. I showed him how they were designed to be mounted and he was devastated. He said it was his "patrol carbine" and he really wanted the grenade launcher on it. I told him to contact COBRAY. They probably make a rail mount for it.

Mine has the Cobray but there's doesn't use a rail but there is a company that does but the name doesn't quite pop into my head at this time.

[img][/img]MVC-COLTSP1GRERTSDF.jpg