In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The Walking Dead (AMC)

ljwrenchljwrench Member Posts: 5,053
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
Anybody watch it? Other than the deputy checking to make sure his safety was off on his Glock I thought it was a great Zombie flick.

Comments

• brickmaster1248brickmaster1248 Member Posts: 3,344
    edited November -1
    it was Ok....opening scene with the zombie child was kinda unnecessary i think.
  • wartigerwartiger Member Posts: 3,861
    edited November -1
    I watched it. Surprisingly, the story starts at Hwy 18 at Hwy 85 in the chase. That's Woodbury, Ga to be exact. About 20 miles north of where I live. And the patrol cars are old GSP blue and grays. I thought that was pretty dang cool. Seeing a totally empty Atlanta was alittle creepy though. Overall, a good zombie flick.
  • BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    I thought it was pretty good, when the zombies do come, the zombie kids are fair game.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Beeramid
    I thought it was pretty good, when the zombies do come, the zombie kids are fair game.

Kid or not, it's a freakin zombie that wants to eat your BRAINS.

It's all fair in love and zombie wars.[:D]
  • jev1969jev1969 Member Posts: 2,691
    edited November -1
    CRAP! There was a part two? I went to bed and missed it? [V]
    I love zombie flicks. It justifies all the money I spend on guns and ammo. [8D]
  • guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I only seen part one of a six part mini series. My DVR only recorded part one and it's set to record the whole series.

Hummmm?

got guns?
  • royc38royc38 Member Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Decent so far. I would give it a C+ to B-.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by guns-n-painthorses
    I only seen part one of a six part mini series. My DVR only recorded part one and it's set to record the whole series.

Hummmm?

got guns?

Same here. I was up till 2am and didn't see a part two.
    ?????
  • fastcarsgofastfastcarsgofast Member Posts: 7,179
    edited November -1
    What I can't figure is why all the zombies in Atlanta looked just the people who live there anyway.
  • ZealotZealot Member Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wartiger

Hummmm?

got guns?

Same here. I was up till 2am and didn't see a part two.
    ?????

There was no part two last night. It's not a miniseries, it's an actual show. There are just only 6 episodes filmed so far. The second episode will air next week
  • jeffie076jeffie076 Member Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought it was pretty good, so good in fact I went out to the garage and hand loaded 6.5 boxes of .458 winchester double charged "Fleshette" zombie/corn monkey rounds! lets see that makes it 783 rounds of ZOMBIE LOADS so far!!!![;)][:o)][:o)][:o)]
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If they're attracted to sound, why even sit on the second floor of the house and snipe them off?

I didn't think that house is secure enough to to keep them out.

What did he have, 4 rifles and shotguns slung over his shoulder?

If he's going into a deserted Atlanta with the outbound lanes full of cars, I think I would be a little more tactical than ride a horse down main street. That 2was just plain stupid.
  • mjbmxzmjbmxz Member Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I liked it. Curious to see who he was talking to on the radio at the end there.
  • guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think the cop is a dumb SOB! Hey, there's a million wrecked cars in the outbound lanes of the city, what does that tell you stupid?

I know what it tells me, those people were too stupid to get over in the inbound lanes![:D]
  • jev1969jev1969 Member Posts: 2,691
    edited November -1
    I think the cop is a dumb SOB! Hey, there's a million wrecked cars in the outbound lanes of the city, what does that tell you stupid?

I know what it tells me, those people were too stupid to get over in the inbound lanes![:D]

I thought the same thing. If the city was safe why were the outbound lanes clogged while the inbound lanes were empty? THe people were fleeing from something. Hmmm?
    edited November -1
    Typical county deputy with the "I'm the sheriff." and walk right down main street only to say "Holy poop! There's a block full of zombies.

I suspect there are several normal people in Atlanta. With all those building, sneaking around tactically would be much easier. In a big city, the people are probably up high in the skyscrapers.

Can zombies climb multiply stories without getting disoriented between up the stairs and down the stairs?
    edited November -1
    Somebody was probably baiting the zombies to get that many in one block. I imagine there was coordination between several people with radios.
  • BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    I was waiting for him to take full advantage of that M1 Abrams tank.[}:)]
    edited November -1

UH...Yeah. At least start driving over zombies and smashing their brains like a human zit!
  • PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    WAIT!!! There's a tank in this show? I GOTTA WATCH IT! [:D][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    I think a flame thrower would be quite effective.
    edited November -1

Yeah, I was alittle disappointed not seeing that tank used to it's potential, but, hey, there is a part two!
  • jeffie076jeffie076 Member Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did anybody[;)] see the "Blue painted" (inert) main gun rounds all lined up in a row when the 'Sheriff' crawled into the belly of the tank? and did anyone else note the wide open space inside the tank? I thought that it would be a little more cramped than that.
  • KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jeffie076
    Did anybody[;)] see the "Blue painted" (inert) main gun rounds all lined up in a row when the 'Sheriff' crawled into the belly of the tank? and did anyone else note the wide open space inside the tank? I thought that it would be a little more cramped than that.

IIRC the M1 tank does have a lot of room inside, relatively speaking...but most of that is required for the main gun recoil path

unless I am confusing with the M109 self-propelled...now that one had a TON of room inside but the crewman told me that the howitzer takes most of that room up when it fires.
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:KSUmarksman
    Advanced Member

USA
    8014 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 : 4:54:13 PM Show Profile Email Poster Reply with Quote

quote:Originally posted by jeffie076

Did anybody see the "Blue painted" (inert) main gun rounds all lined up in a row when the 'Sheriff' crawled into the belly of the tank? and did anyone else note the wide open space inside the tank? I thought that it would be a little more cramped than that.

IIRC the M1 tank does have a lot of room inside, relatively speaking...but most of that is required for the main gun recoil path

unless I am confusing with the M109 self-propelled...now that one had a TON of room inside but the crewman told me that the howitzer takes most of that room up when it fires.

The tank has way more room in it than the M109 the gun itself takes up about a 1/3 of the room and about 1/2 when in recoil. There is just enough room to stand on either side of the gun when fired.
  • 35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whoever had the bright idea to wreck that Judge needs to have his balls hung up in a grizzly bear trap.[:(!][V]
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:35WhelenClassic
    Advanced Member

USA
    4142 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 : 11:48:43 PM Show Profile Email Poster Reply with Quote
    Whoever had the bright idea to wreck that Judge needs to have his balls hung up in a grizzly bear trap.

I agree but Select Fire had all the Camaro's spoken for.