.

NOVA

woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115
edited December 2015 in General Discussion
Has anyone else caught the NOVA special (CH6) on Einstein's theory of Relativity and the scientists whose work led up to it. I was fascinated.

Comments

  • CaptFunCaptFun Member, Moderator Posts: 16,635 ******
    edited November -1
    It appears that NOVA is no longer carried by Georgia Public TV. I've always liked that show. Ever since 6th grade when we got extra Credit in science class for watching it. I have my DVR set to record it, but it has not gotten any new (or rerun) episodes in almost a year.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 62,756 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought someone bought a 69 SS
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    I thought someone bought a 69 SS
    Me too. Was hoping to see a 396 SS with Cowl induction![:(]
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 38,631 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodhog
    Has anyone else caught the NOVA special (CH6) on Einstein's theory of Relativity and the scientists whose work led up to it. I was fascinated.


    I forgot about that channel. I think I watched tv about eight or nione months ago. No a real big tv fan, that is why I am on here. My wife watches tv and play on the computer. [;)]
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    I do remember the NOVA series.Prob. havn't seen an episode in 30-35 years...
  • woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115
    edited November -1
    sounds like I'm in the wrong pew.
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Yeah, Secrets of the Dead has been pretty good too.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 38,925
    edited November -1
    NOVA...one of the few shows left on tv...should require it for school credit..and the govt is going to cut its funding..should cut congresses salaries enuff to keep it on the air
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 12,422 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    NOVA...one of the few shows left on tv...should require it for school credit..and the govt is going to cut its funding..should cut congresses salaries enuff to keep it on the air

    While I do think that NOVA is a great show, I don't think PBS is necessary and that it's funding should be cut. If the show is really great it will be picked up by another network.
  • CaptFunCaptFun Member, Moderator Posts: 16,635 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    quote:Originally posted by woodhog
    Has anyone else caught the NOVA special (CH6) on Einstein's theory of Relativity and the scientists whose work led up to it. I was fascinated.


    I forgot about that channel. I think I watched tv about eight or nione months ago. No a real big tv fan, that is why I am on here. My wife watches tv and play on the computer. [;)]


    So you don't watch football? You just read about it?
  • CaptFunCaptFun Member, Moderator Posts: 16,635 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NeoBlackdog
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    NOVA...one of the few shows left on tv...should require it for school credit..and the govt is going to cut its funding..should cut congresses salaries enuff to keep it on the air

    While I do think that NOVA is a great show, I don't think PBS is necessary and that it's funding should be cut. If the show is really great it will be picked up by another network.


    I agree PBS should be thrown to the curb. If the shows are good there are 15 channels that will pick up a good science show. NOVA and Nature should survive. The rest of the rot that takes up their bandwidth can go away. Especially now that Red Green can be seen on Comedy Channel and other places...
  • fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    yes .and i scares me that i understood it[:0]
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,184 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Still on public TV here catch an episode every now and then.
Sign In or Register to comment.