In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I don't like Colts......

KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
..... except the Python my father passed down to me. Nothing but drama queen non running firearms that are completely overpriced. High points function better then a new Colt that hasn't put thousands into it worth of gunsmithing.

HAHA! /ducks

Comments

• Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    I would have to agree that they are a bit overpriced compared with a quality piece like say lorcin, cobra or jennings
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,697 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well otay! [:D]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Todesengel
    I would have to agree that they are a bit overpriced compared with a quality piece like say lorcin, cobra or jennings

I detect just a smidge of sarcasm.
  • D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    Jennings J-22. My ex wifes fat pig of a mother bought me one when we got married. Someday I will tell the story about how I almost shot my buddy in the head with it due to it being a POS.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    I don't like Colt DA revolvers, except for Pythons, which I view as works of art rather than firearms.
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear you feel that way.

Interested in selling that Python??
    edited November -1
    Which one ???

Doug
  • Saxon PigSaxon Pig Member Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Colt suffered mismanagement and bad strategic planning all through the 1970s and 1980s. The then president of Colt was so anti-worker they staged the only strike in company history. Later, this guy would become president of the University of Cincinnati where faculty staged the only strike in the college's history against his policies. What a guy.

Colts grew horrendously expensive as quality when to Hell. In the 1980s I saw a Gold Cup in a dealer's display case with the front of the slide machined at an angle exposing half an inch of the barrel bushing at the top. Absolutely inexcusable to do that and then to let it get out to the dealer.

Colt's reaction to declining sales was to cut the product line. Not sure how the brainiacs figured having fewer models available would increase sales, but I guess they are the experts. Colt put all it's hopes on M16 sales to the military. Ooops. The Belgians got that contract. OK, they said, we'll eliminate all models except for the 1911a and the hideously pricey SAAs. Ooops. These are the two most cloned handguns in the world. Well, there's still the AR15. Ooops. The most cloned rifle in the world. The Python remained their only DA revolver for several years until, at $1,500 a copy, THEY COULDN'T MAKE A PROFIT ON IT.

Idiots. Morons. Dolts.

I have always been a Colt fan. But sadly, Colt has effectively been out of the gun business for a long time, now. Not sure what they actually sell. Or how they stay in even the sorry state of business they are in. Very tragic.

But that doesn't change my love for classic Colts.

Pythons? Of course.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Early Troopers as well. Pythons without the ribbed barrels.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Various Officers Models.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

And just for fun a cute little Police Positive Special.

standard.jpg
  • 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My M4 and M203 are both Colts.
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,697 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Saxon Pig
    Colt has effectively been out of the gun business for a long time, now. Not sure what they actually sell. Or how they stay in even the sorry state of business they are in. Very tragic.At the current price I would say Archive Letters! [:0]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• wvduecewvduece Member Posts: 272 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have had 2 one was a cobra i traded it for a 22 mag smith 48-4 i carry a old police postive 38 special when i run my dogs its in fair shape no bluing left but solid gun
  • LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do not like Python's either.

But an Anaconda is a different story.

IMGP0354.jpg

I will take the two I have and two more please.
  • k_townmank_townman Member Posts: 3,588
    edited November -1
    Don't buy one. [:D]
    edited November -1
    Gan bans should first be apueids to Cults.

Doug
  • RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
    Don't worry - Obomunism will ban em.
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    well, I've been known to buy a colt now and then.....
    I usually stick to the semi's and I really like collecting the financial distaster models, like the pocket 9, all american etc.
    the great thing about collecting failure is that there are so many!!
    mis-management at it's finest!!
    all colt would have to do to become viable again is re-introduce the mustang in 380 AND 9mm and price it competitively.
    I'll get off the soapbox now.
    I like pythons and SAA too.[:D]
  • RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
    I like the Indianapolos Colts.
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,488 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had a can of Colt 45 malt liquor once it wasn't to bad. Now if I could only get that stupid little bug out from in back of my computer screen.