In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Encore barrels

hivoltghivoltg Member Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2005 in General Discussion
What is the most accurate round and barrel maker for the Encore? The caliber has to be larger than the 22 class. What are your opinions or findings from your Encore?

KungFu.gif
Opinions are like azzholes, eveyone's got one, and this just happens to be mine!

Comments

• Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    try Bullberry Barrel Works, as for caliber i don't know. a friend has a 30-30 barrel that shoots 1" groups at 100 yards. i have a 45/70 from fox ridge outfitters that shoots just over 1"at 100 yards.

gun control is not about guns, it is about CONTROL!
  • Options
    hivoltghivoltg Member Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have heard too many bad things about Bullberry. From them you either get a really good barrel or a really bad one. If you are unfortunate enough to recieve the latter, Bullberry doesn't want to fix it. I believe I will be staying away from them.
    Any more suggestions?

I am thinking in the 6mm, 260 Remington, 7mm-08, 308 range

KungFu.gif
    Opinions are like azzholes, eveyone's got one, and this just happens to be mine!
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I have the contender.. and I like the .22 Hornet barrel a lot, very accurate.. The 45 long colt isnt bad, am in the process of getting the .30 cal carbine barrel..[:D]

yo-yo.gif
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Classic, I've been thinking of switching to a .30carbine for deer. Seems like a helluva short range hunting round.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Only reason Im getting the .30 carbine barrel is I have about 300 rounds of the stuff, gonna shoot it up then trade the barrel off for something better..[:D] The Hornet barrel is just great. Might try out the .270 and the .17 HMR

yo-yo.gif
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    well when you decide to get rid of the .30 carbine barrell, give me a call.[;)]

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Will do,, It will be in august, The Club I belong to has their gun show on the 6th, and therse a guy that has a bunch of Thompson Barrels and the prices are right.. I got the Hornet Barrel with the sights, and scope mount for 150.00 new in the box.. That B-Square mount is around 30 bucks alone..if not more.. I just got a customer a B-Square mount for a Colt model .22 and it was 75.00

yo-yo.gif
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ask Salvage33 about his T/C .300 Win Mag barrel he had made by www.reedercustomguns.com . It's a pistol in .300 Win Mag and he says it's very bearable and controllable (and highly accurate) due to Gary Reeder's custom muzzle brake.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    There are a bunch of Big Bore barrels for the thompson.. and with the muzzle break technology most are pretty much managable

yo-yo.gif
  • Options
    danski26danski26 Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm happy with my 7-30 waters barrel from fox ridge for my contender. Shoots under an inch at 100 yards. SSK industries is J. D. Jones's company. I have heard very good things about his barrels.

danski
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is nutten wrong with factory barrels from T/C or their custom shop.I have 50+ barrels and never had a bad 1. They all shoot 1" less groups from the 17's up to 50ae. and SSK(JD Jones) is also very good place.As for the cal. you listed they are all good from coyotes to deer [:D]
  • Options
    deadeye46deadeye46 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have several Encores in various calibers from a 22-250 to a 30-06 and they all shoot as good as I can hold them.I also have a 17 HMR Contender Carbine that shoots excellent.