In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Success with Paypal dispute

v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
Between Paypal and my local bank,I got a prompt refund within two days.
The item was about $200 and the seller, who had a website, refused to ship or reply to emails, written correspondence or telephone calls.
He did draw the money out of my account a month ago.
Filing a dispute with both Paypal and your bank was definitely the way to resolve the issue.

Comments

• Options
    LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The best defense I have found for such a case.

DO NOT USE PAY PAL.. Works 100% of time 24/7.

They are against my rights to keep and bare arms.
  • Options
    SWAT 50SWAT 50 Member Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by LesWVa
    The best defense I have found for such a case.

DO NOT USE PAY PAL.. Works 100% of time 24/7.

They are against my rights to keep and bare arms.

And against Spell check also ,I guess.[:D]
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    Do you need bare arms to bear arms? [:D]
  • Options
    spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    It is always better to be forewarned than to have four arms.
  • Options
    SuburbanNoizeSuburbanNoize Member Posts: 10,142
    edited November -1
    ArmBears.jpg

I like to Arm Bears.
  • Options
    sharkman69sharkman69 Member Posts: 856 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    After PayPal closed my account for the unforgiveable horror of selling 100% legal to own rifle magazines, I took all my money out of my account. (I was still allowed to take money out, just not transact any more busines.) Well, throughout most of July and August, PayPal kept sending me emails, saying that I owed them $2.00. I always replied that if they reinstated my account, I would pay them. If they didn't reinstate, I wouldn't pay them. They kept sending me the same emails, two or three times each week, so I kept sending them the same replies.

The last email they sent was two weeks ago. They told me that would be their last email, and if I didn't pay them, they would send the account to collections. I say, PayPal should hire an expensive lawyer, and meet me in court. Or better yet, PayPal management should hold their breaths until my payment arrives. [:D]
  • Options
    LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Spider7115
    Do you need bare arms to bear arms? [:D]

Hey I am a little guy. So yea I need to bare arms when I flex muscle against the likes of Pay Pal.. That way they can see something happening.
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had local, federal and state law + his full time job ready to come down on him if this didn't work. He was an unlicensed manufacturer.
    I'm pleased it resolved so easily.
  • Options
    glynglyn Member Posts: 5,949
    edited November -1
    Had trouble with paypal last year.Some one my bank card number and spent approx $2000 thru paypal with my debit/credit card.I contacted paypal they refused to help me so went to my bank they replaced what I had lost.Just remember when you go to a restaurant dont let the waiter walk away with your card.Thats how I was ripped off I believe.