In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1st Cousin Livin the Life

NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
edited April 2004 in General Discussion
My first cousin Elbert West has always had a love for music.Ive got some casette tapes where he sang some songs he wrote before he hit it big.Im not a country music fan although I like some of the old music.But he Married and moved to Nashville TN to persue his dream.At first things fell apart he found him self singing in bars for a little of nothing,then his wife leaves him and comes to Russell County home to her parents.About 6 months later he wrote a number one hit for Tracy Lawrence (Sticks and Stones).This made the music industry take him much more serious.He began touring with other groups singing back up vocals and playing Rythum Guitar,while still working on his song writeing.The next Number one hit for weeks was also sang by Tracy Lawrence its called (Ive got it through my head but I cant break it to my heart)He toured with Tracy Lawrence as a full time part of his talented band Little Elvis,which is now called Little Eves.Elbert finally found some one who was willing to risk publishing his own songs and some other writers wrote.His first CD was called Livin the Life and had one hit song and a number one CMT video named Didly,you probably seen it if you watch CMT.He's been on tour with Trace Atkins and they have completed the tour with the last concert being here in VA at the Salem Civic Center.He has now released his second CD and will start promoteing it in June while on Tour with George Jones.Ive heard alot of my family laugh at him in the past because of his dreams.Well they ate crow when Tracy Lawrence made a long time hit off of the Song Sticks and Stones.Its just goes to show if you dont give up you can make your dreams come true.He has his own web site explaining his life and other details,just go to Google if your interested and type in Elbert West.Ive been kidding my wife about quiting my job and go on the road with him as private security,that would be Livin the Life.But no says the wife.Im going to try to get some T shirts,if I can I will have a give away here on GB.

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"

Comments