In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

IT is going to be a bad day here.

CHEVELLE427CHEVELLE427 Member Posts: 6,750
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
son n law or maybe ex.

let my daughters truck get repoed at 2am this morning,
he hocked the title to one of those loan shark title places,
(shtf when she found out and we just got it all cleaned off the fan)
i was told the interest payment ALONE is $500 a month,WTH.[:0][:0][:0]
he took the money to pay for truck driving school [V]
guess he is going to be an 18 wheeler driver now, good thing as this is were he will be living for a while

now he is scratching and crapping to find the payment, said he was only behind $100.[B)]

i told him looks like he is in default now and they will want payment in full , i would .... $18000 suburban for 5k what a deal.

OMG i can here it now [:(], i might have to lock the guns up.

IT AINT GOING TO BE PRETTY HERE TODAY [:(]

Comments

• dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Payment in full plus all of the added repo charges will drive the 5k to 8k, and it will be due all at once to get the truck back or they will sell it.
  • CHEVELLE427CHEVELLE427 Member Posts: 6,750
    edited November -1
    this is what i told him,

as of 4AM here he just told her,
    and the shtf full force

I'm not sure if he can recover from this screw up [:(]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Definatly not a good deal there.

I would try and raise the money some how to get it back and then make sure his name is not on the title any longer.

FWIW: I currently have one of those on my Bronco but I only took out the minimum ($600) just to keep it hidden untill I go to court for my divorce. This way it only shows that I am makeing payments on a viechle rather than owning it outright and the ex cannot get it. (a lawyer recomended this to me even though she is no contesting the divorce as I drew it up) After I go to court on July 20th I will pay it off again and be done with it.
    edited November -1
    looks like ill be scratching for cash today as well.

cant let her loose her ride
  • Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CHEVELLE427
    Why[?]

Yes you can. She's old enough to be married, she's old enough to be responsible for her own affairs/problems.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Tailgunner1954
    Why[?]

Yes you can. She's old enough to be married, she's old enough to be responsible for her own affairs/problems.

NO
    she is still my kid and is one of 3 i can depend on to be there for me if i need them, coming in first place are my children the rest of the world comes in last place
    it was to no fault of hers except trusting someone with her car, she paid cash for it and he is just along for the ride,

the only thing she was dumb for was putting someones else name on the title
  • dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,540 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I help my kids alot also. About 1000 a month. It never hurts to help those in need. David
  • swampwalkerswampwalker Member Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Both of our kids are in their 30's and hard working. Sometimes life throws them a curve. I am glad to be there and help them out. I have never took the stand that they are adults and have to ante up or suffer. They will always be my kids and as long as I'm able, I'll help them out.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Why[?]

I somewhat see what your sayin, but thats just wrong to do to your own flesh and blood, the child you taught and raised to be the person they are today. I'll do my darnedest to help my children if/when the time comes.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,858 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Why[?]

Yep
  • Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Why[?]

I somewhat see what your sayin, but thats just wrong to do to your own flesh and blood, the child you taught and raised to be the person they are today. I'll do my darnedest to help my children if/when the time comes.

IF she was in danger of losing her car (or house) due to no fault of her/there own IE laid off from her/his job (not quit or fired), than I could and would agree with providing assistance. But in this case, where the problem is due to her poor choice in a husband, and poor communication with him.............................. NO.
    BTW, I've never heard of a truck driving school that demanded cash up front, most work on/offer the "student loan" methiod of payment, so that's another thing about the story that smells like last weeks fish.
    edited November -1
    well this one cost him 5k to witch i thought was a crock 5k to learn to drive an 18 wheeler,

but in any case i guess she is lucky to have me for a parent instead of you[;)]

now for him he's on his own with me,[:(!]
  • shootlowshootlow Member Posts: 5,425
    edited November -1
    i have helped my son out and my little sisters and they have always paid me back
    and my dad has my back also should the need arise
    we are a tight knit bunch who thinks family first