In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

My beef with #%&!#*% stickys

Rafter-SRafter-S Member Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2003 in General Discussion
Do you guys, who are telling me to get a grip, realize how rude stickys are? The fact that they are always at the top says, loud and clear, that someone thinks their threads are more important than your threads. That's right. They have something very important to say...much more important than what you have to say. That's the reason their threads are at the top, where important things belong, and your threads fall in line with everyone else's, which are of less (or no) importance. Their threads appear at the top where everyone will have to hear what they have to say before we hear you. Do you get it? It is like saying you aren't important--what you say in not important. But what they say is. Kinda like Democrats--they will make sure you know what you need to know...and they will decide what is important...to you.

Well, you can get a grip if you want to. But to me, it is insulting, not to mention down right rude. And when someone is rude to me...or you, it p!sses me to no end. I want to tell them to buy a vowel.

Folks, when someone tries to dominate group communications, even in the slightest way, there is no other word for it but "rude."

My humble opinion,
Rafter-S

Comments

• Options
    trooperchintrooperchin Member Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please, like i said before. If you threw a fit about guncontrol like the one you are giving now about stickys, we all would be in alot better situation.

I would like to add, GET OVER YOURSELF
    d852d797.jpg

Go Army Beat Navy
    IF you wanna have fun join the cavalry
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    who looks at stickeys anyways

"Every time I hear the words animal and rights in the same sentence, I'm going out and killing 20 of something" - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I really don't care if you think your threads are more important than mine, maybe they are. Sorry you don't like 'em, but if this is your biggest problem, you have the world by the tail.

My heros have always killed cowboys.
  • Options
    bsallybsally Member Posts: 3,165
    edited November -1
    Actually it is the topic that is more important. It is so more people have the oportunity to see it. Your getting bent out of shape over nothing. I for one am glad a whole lot of people have seen the one about contacting your congressmen.
    You are right about one thing though. Most peoples topics are unimportant. Mine and yours included. Most are just something to BS about.

SALLY
    Committee member-Ducks Unlimited
  • Options
    RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bsally
    I almost said I love you until I read your bio! You are right. Who's gonna care a hundred years from now!
  • Options
    bsallybsally Member Posts: 3,165
    edited November -1
    What's my bio got to do with anything?[:p] Show me the love.[:D]

SALLY
    Committee member-Ducks Unlimited
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think it is the b that has him worried, he thought you were a sally.[:0]

My heros have always killed cowboys.
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:The fact that they are always at the top says, loud and clear, that someone thinks their threads are more important than your threads.

Yeah, well my thread is bigger than your thread and my dad can beat your dad up and stuff. My toys are more expensive than your toys and I'm rubber and your glue and.....and.....yeah

If it bothers you that much then write a thread that's worth being seen by more than just the average Gunbroker surfer. If ya can't do it then leave it up to those that can. Oh....wait....that would mean that someone has to JUDGE which threads are worth a d*mn. Oh...we can't have winners and losers in society. We all have to be made to feel good about ourselves. At least that's the current state of affairs in our education system.

Remember the girl who sued because she wanted to be Valedictorian? Yeah, she had a complex about not being on top too.
  • Options
    BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    After a while,I just ignore them.

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • Options
    1armbandit1armbandit Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    when i get to be a senior m ember can I have my stuff made stickys?senior members must be smart to be called senior members. advance members must be very smart. old and smart. rafter, y ou sound smart. bet you are old to. why are your threads not stickys?
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think only David or "management" have the capability of making a topic "sticky". They are the final arbiters of what's worthy and what's not. You got a beef...Go see them. Your beef here seems to be pretty much falling on deaf ears. Sorry 'bout that!

Mudge the harsh

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    victorlvlbvictorlvlb Member Posts: 5,004
    edited November -1
    sticky keys are like old chewing gum left on the bed post over night.To little to late and usually out of date.
  • Options
    daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    It's like a bad show on TV- if I don't like it,I don't have to watch it. [|)]
  • Options
    Rafter-SRafter-S Member Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, suddenly two of the stickys are not stickys any more. Hmmm.

Many thanks to all who offered me support and understanding. There is nothing like going to battle for someone else's rights and knowing they are solidly behind you.[;)]

Rafter-S

P.S. Hey, Trooper. Buy a vowel.