In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

One of my soldiers, Ambushed in Iraq

idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
edited August 2003 in General Discussion
If I don't make sense, you'll have to forgive me. I just got back from a PT session with one of my recruits a few hours ago and am busily washing, starching and pressing uniforms.

Well, I just got done with an internet chat session with the brother of one of my recruits. This recruit of mine is from January of last year. He is the gunner on an Armored Crewmember team (M1A1 Abrams). Apparently his crew was driving their tank down "Ambush Alley". He was scanning the terrain with binoculars and his head was sticking out of the tank. He spotted enemy troops armed with rifles and an RPG aimed right at him. He ducked his head in the tank just in time but felt like he was going to be sucked out due to the change in air pressure. Nobody was hurt...except for the bad guys. Some 7.62 rounds left them decimated except for one poor fellow who died rather slowly after he was captured.

I'm going to buy this man a beer when he comes home!

Here's a picture after he made it to his final destination in Baghdad or Tikrit (can't remember which one he was going to):

joeliraq02.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    He'll certainly hours and hours of excitement years down the road at the VFW or American Legion, eh? Glad he is well. We've lost thirteen (13) Night Stalker's since we started OEF/OIF. Would give anything to have just one of em back, so enjoy the heck out of that kid once he gets home.

"They and all who are participating in Operation Enduring Freedom are heroes. They put their lives on the line on behalf of freedom and on behalf of America, and they do it each and every day. I'm so very proud of them and their comrades in arms." -General Richard B. Myers

In Memory of all fallen Night Stalkers who entered into Eternal Glory
    MAJ Curtis D. Feistner
    CPT Bartt D. Owens
    CW2 Jody L. Egnor
    SSG James P. Dorrity
    SSG Kerry W. Frith
    SSG Bruce A. Rushforth, Jr.
    SGT Jeremy D. Foshee
    SGT Thomas F. Allison
    SGT Philip J. Svitak
    CW3 Mark O'Steen
    CW3 Thomas Gibbons
    SSG Daniel Kisling
    SGT Gregory Frampton

NSDQ!

"Nobody dislikes war more than warriors, but we value the causes of peace so highly that we will not duck a war in an effort to get a lasting peace." -General Daniel "Chappie" James
  • Options
    edited November -1
    "Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

NSDQ!

"Nobody dislikes war more than warriors, but we value the causes of peace so highly that we will not duck a war in an effort to get a lasting peace." -General Daniel "Chappie" James
  • Options
    TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NightStalker,

When were you in the 160th?

I had friends there, and one who is on the memorial wall at Campbell.

Trinity +++

"Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."(Proverbs 22:6)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Trinity,

I am still serving proudly as a NIGHT STALKER. Who is your friend? If it is sensitive, please email me.

NSDQ!

• Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Night Stalker, it always changes the emotions when you see the names instead of numbers.

IDSMAN, where do we send the new underwear?[:D][:D]

Politicians are like diapers, every so often you need to change them, for obvious reasons.