In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Need help in locating ROTC drill rifle for a kid!

jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
edited November 2003 in General Discussion
My nephew needs a M1A1 dummy ROTC 9 pound drill rifle. Where can I find one for him? His mother called me today and is looking for one hopefully used and cheap. She does not have much money to spend on one so I will probably help out but really never bought dummy rifles before so I know not where to look. Anyone know where to get a good used one or even where to look for a new one? Any info will be greatly appreciated. His mother told me that he could buy one through the ROTC program at $150. Is that about right or is that high. For a dummy gun it sounds high to me but as I stated I have never bought a non-firing gun.

God protect me from my friends, I can take care of my enemies...

Comments

• dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,934 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have seen the dummy guns at gun shows. I do not know if that is high or not but if I remember correctly, it seems about right.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Try this site:

http://www.paradestore.com/main_frame.asp?g=GDARIFLES

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows"
  • beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    As an JROTC Instructor I've seen the new rifles. They are not as bad as many of the instructors made them out to be. They are made by Daisey but I believe they are backlogged in production. I doubt very much that you'll find any used ones yet because they are so new. You can contact Dasey direct, and if they are not back logged, see if they will sell to you, be sure to mention that it is for a JROTC cadet....they will probably give a JROTC discount like they do for their air rifles.
    In any case I commend the young man for getting his own rifle. He'll be able to practice at home and on the weekends which most kids can't do. That will sure give him an edge in drill competition. For what it's worth the new drill rifles look like 1903a3 Springfields, they have a functioning bolt so the cadets can do a real "inspection arms" rather than having to fake it with the welded M1's. Only thing reall funky about the new drill rifles is that they have the little orange tip so police officers won't take them for a real weapon. Hope this helps a little. Beach
  • TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    Toolbrat just uses one of my rifels.
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.