In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

To Far Or Not

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in General Discussion
https://www.wral.com/twitter-post-with-gun-lands-knightdale-high-student-in-jail/17383965/

I think its to far. From everything i have read he did not threaten anyone. He just talked junk about his school. He never threatened violence against anyone.

Comments

• Options
    WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The kid is an idiot...

He looks like a young Tom Cruse.
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dav1965
    https://www.wral.com/twitter-post-with-gun-lands-knightdale-high-student-in-jail/17383965/

I think its to far. From everything i have read he did not threaten anyone. He just talked junk about his school. He never threatened violence against anyone.

Posting a picture of you pointing a gun in a tweet that complains about a school is not threatening?
  • Options
    ArbyArby Member Posts: 668
    edited November -1
    Good, maybe a week or two in the slammer, while the authorities sort it all out, is just what he needs to cure his stupidity...Maybe it stopped another copy cat event. He still might get jail time for weapon possession .
  • Options
    BT99BT99 Member Posts: 1,043
    edited November -1
    Has to be more to it than what I read here. I didn't read anything to
    justify that charge.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,484 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BT99
    justify that charge.

Agreed. In the light of recent events, it would make sense to talk to the kid, but arresting for what is reported in the link is a little over the top.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    quote:Originally posted by BT99
    justify that charge.

Agreed. In the light of recent events, it would make sense to talk to the kid, but arresting for what is reported in the link is a little over the top.

I light of recent events and all the hoopla, if they didn't arrest him and somewhere down the line he did something, he police would have hell to pay. Recent events force authorities to make mountains out of molehills.

And that kid should be Internet aware enough to know better. He's an idiot and should have known better.

Now, do I believe arresting him was right? No - but they had to.
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • Options
    o b juano b juan Member Posts: 1,941 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    wasnt 1 of the charges Minior in possesion of Handgun?
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, in light of recent events, he should be taken into custody (not arrested) for an EPE (Emergency Psychiatric Evaluation). Any threat needs to be taken seriously.

If the psychiatrist clears him, then the community can rest easy. If not....maybe a tragedy was averted.

Neal