In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Springfield Armory

callktulucallktulu Member Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
edited April 2016 in General Discussion
I am not an happy customer[:(] and here is why. I am an left handed pistol shooter and I bought two XDM, which I am happy with, but they do not have the left handed holster at the time of buying the pistols. They told be about 18 months ago that they will have the left handed holster for those that bought the "kit" in two or three months. Well, still they don't have then[:0]. After e-mail them saying that they lied to me about this issue, they did offer me the left handed XD holster, so why would I put an XDm into the XD holster, those two are two different animals[B)].

Would never buy from Springfield again.[V] Poor customer services,you told me that you are going to do something, do it. I keep my word, period. So I expect you to keep your word.

I might put up the two XDm for sale and get two 1911A1.

Rob

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I live about an hour from their HQ in Illinois.... Are they open for visitors to just come by and see the place? Do they have a museum or anything?

I tried calling, but I was put on indefinite hold, and then when I tried to leave a message, the system said that function wasn't in service.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [8D]I just got an Ultra Compact-.45 acp, I know my use, but I'd like some PROS/CONS from USERS-[?][?][?][:D]

I'm only wearing Black untill they make something darker
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is it any good? Specifically, their M1 Garands and Mil-Spec 1911A1s. I checked out a Mil-Spec 1911 the other day; it looked and seemed to be pretty good, but I just handled it, not shot it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Does 'The First Name in American Firearms' make anything in the U.S.?

The XD's are Croatian, their 1911 GI models are Brazilian, the EMP is imported (I would assume Brazil) the new build Garands are Italian.

It would be nice if historic names like Springfield and Rock Island were used by companies that actually manufacture in the U.S.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,294 ******
    edited November -1
    You live an hour away... shouldn't we be asking you these questions?
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    320090T320090T Member Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    An hour away? I'd be doing a road trip just for giggles. Take lots of pictures please.
  • Options
    iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not sure why Springfield Armory in Ill would have a museum.

There is a museum at the old Springfield Armory, in Springfield Mass.

They were a major producer of US military arms from 1777 until they closed in 1968

https://www.nps.gov/spar/index.htm
  • Options
    fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is no connection between the old Govt. Springfield Armory and the current Springfield Armory Co.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    They finally answered the phone, and sadly, they aren't open to the public. I got the "a lot of things happened after 9-11" response. Too bad, I wanted to see where my M1A was made, maybe check out if they had an accessories store. Meh.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    they have a BIG store with lots of products along with factory BLEMISH items each year during the NRA national matches at Camp Perry great bargins and management people very helpful