In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Swan Creek Range Huntsville, Al.

wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
edited October 2006 in General Discussion
I was on vacation the last few weeks at my son's in Alabama. Here are some pictures of the Swan Creek range West of Huntsville. It is free to all Alabama hunting license holders. It is an open range with no rangemaster on duty. I was very impressed with how well it was taken care of. It was pretty clean and well maintained. It had a 25, 50. 100yard and a 100 meter ranges, all with good high berms. They all had benches and were all covered except the 100 meter one. There were sidewalks to the target areas which made them handicap accessible. A lot of states could take lessons from this setup.
picture.JPG
picture.JPG
picture.JPG
picture.JPG
standard.jpg

Comments

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As long as I live, that red dirt is never going to look right to me. Looks like a nice little range. Glad you are home safely Wundudnee.
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks nice, but why is it so *short*? To me, it isn't a range unless it is 400 yards, minimum.

Merc

He Dog: I agree.......that red dirt is odd. Ever been to Moab?
  • Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    Been there-shot there[:D][:D]

If'n you don't have a hunting license then you must get a permit to shoot there-$16.00
  • Options
    PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I have been there several years ago for a couple of machine gun shoots. It is actually closer to Athens than Huntsville. They have apparently made a lot of improvements since I was there.