In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Redneck Range, Huntsville, Al.

wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭
edited October 2006 in General Discussion
This is my son shooting off of a "WorkMate" in the back of his pickup. He was sighting in a Remington 700 PSS with a Harris bipod. This picture was at 400 yards and the groups were about 4"s. The next picture was at 200 yards shot the same way. I know there are better shooters on the forum, but I thought for the conditions and bench that it wasn't bad. The target is just to the left of the sheds and the white paper was about 6' tall.
picture.JPG
picture.JPG
standard.jpg

Comments

• The LawThe Law Member Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:but I thought for the conditions and bench that it wasn't bad.

I'd say it was pretty good!
  • jbw1776jbw1776 Member Posts: 3,056
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by The Law
    quote:but I thought for the conditions and bench that it wasn't bad.

I'd say it was pretty good!

Yeah, no kiddin'.

There might be better shooter here, but tell them to jump on in the back of your pickup and shoot off a carpenters table and see how much tighter their groups are at 400yds. I say excellent shooting![^]

Ben
  • PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    Is his rifle one of the TVA trade-ins? I picked one up in Florence, AL several months ago. TVA security sold some PSS 308s with Harris bi-pods, Leupold Vari-X III scopes. Dealer in Florence had 9 of them. I have been impressed with the accuracy of mine.