In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

My wife is the best!!

gbeggrowgbeggrow Member Posts: 5,499
edited September 2004 in General Discussion
Yesterday was our 1 year anniversary. Wife gave me clearance to buy an M1 Garand some time ago so I assume that's a done deal for an anniversary present(and that makes me MORE than happy). So I come home from work Thursday for our long anniversary weekend (took Friday and Monday off). She comes in the door with a new chain saw, a bottle of Cabo Wabo tequila (my favorite), 400 rounds of 30.06 ammo, and a used Ruger 22 I've had my eye on. I'm just beside myself (what ever that means)! I just had to lay everything out and take a snap this morning!

annytoys.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ameriskinameriskin Member Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wanna trade wives?[:D]
  • Options
    James AyersJames Ayers Member Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yo gbeggrow, drink all that tequila you wand and shoot the Garand-but don't mess with that chain saw!!!

+if you ever feel lost, just talk to a native" JIMBO
  • Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    NICE! Sounds like you got a good gal there!

What did you get for her?

Delta.gif

Extreme moments of horror should be met with extreme actions of preventive retribution

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my youth the most!
  • Options
    eastwood44mageastwood44mag Member Posts: 2,655 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does she have a sister?
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    And what did you get her??

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She knows you like guns..Fact. But the Liquor was a lead up to the chainsaw.. Read its box.. words say it all. You wild thing !!

Get out of the left lane.. you're holding me up.
  • Options
    SilentKnightSilentKnight Member Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Awww man! That is a beautiful Garand! That wood is beautiful.

quote: And what did you get her??

Typical woman response.

sg_550_neu_gr.jpg

Come and Take it

Dont mess with Texas
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Gary that is one of the finest looking M1s that I have seen (and I have seen plenty). Who ever parted with it and sold it to you must be a prince among men! Happy anniversary.

Mark T. Christian
  • Options
    Hylander50Hylander50 Member Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Christmas in August!! Wooohoo.... works for me. Happy anniversary...looks like you definitely have a "keeper". May you enjoy many more years together.

Hylander

"I choose battles I believe to be just."
  • Options
    LABWILDLABWILD Member Posts: 506 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wonderful wife helped me run our club trap championship Sunday. She kept up with all the money and regestered shooters for the various events. This assistance allowed me to keep the trap machine loaded and squads moving. I Thank Her and Love Her!
  • Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I plan to register at least one fully auto firearm in the near future. I need to get a GF/Wife who supports "serious" gun guys like me.
  • Options
    SilentKnightSilentKnight Member Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Move to Texas. Practically every girl here knows how to shoot, and likes guns.[:D]

sg_550_neu_gr.jpg

Come and Take it

Dont mess with Texas
  • Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Texas sounds good to me. Looking for a woman who is not a part of the "Million" mom march. (These "million" apparantly can't count)
  • Options
    Aspen79seAspen79se Member Posts: 4,707
    edited November -1
    Congratulations on all your things!! [^] And many happy years together. [:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BlackRoses
    And what did you get her??

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion

OK I'll give ya the run down...

* Certainly a nice sappy card, with some cash inside (which she took and bought six 60 pound tubs of basement/foundation sealer with instead of getting her custom camo seat covers for her truck).[:0]
    * 2 different bottles of her favorite Yellow Tail red wine.
    * A 16 X 14 deck package with trellis from Carter Lumber (the deck building party is this coming holiday weekend)!
    * I made her favorite homemade sketti sauce with home grown maters for din din.
    * To finish dinner off I whipped up a batch of her favorite store bought brownies...Pillsbury fudge supreme caramel swirl. [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mark christian
    Gary that is one of the finest looking M1s that I have seen (and I have seen plenty). Who ever parted with it and sold it to you must be a prince among men! Happy anniversary.

Mark T. Christian

Mr. Christian,

Yes, it is a beatuty of a Garand. Just perfect in my eyes! The fella I got if from really did not want to part with it from his personal collection, but was kind enough to do so![^]
  • Options
    meunkemeunke Member Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gbeggrow, I think I have to hate you now.

[:D]

"Sometimes love makes you selfish. Sometimes it just makes you stupid. Sometimes it reminds you why you love your gun."
    - Anita Black
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's all very nice but Mrs. Mudge has Mrs. Gbeggrow beat buy a mile.
    It'll take a lot to beat "If you want that Barrett M82A1, go ahead and get it." (Mrs. Mudge...Harrisburg gun show 8/14/04)
    I didn't, but you can't hardly beat that.

Mudge the fortunate

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!<BR>
  • Options
    IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    Congrats one the first..
    She sounds like a keeper for at least another 49 years.
    The good women are few and far in between.
    Just like Mudge & Ms. Mudge, Classic & BR, all good people with their soul mates.
    Congrats Again!!
    Walte & Doris 26years of bliss with the lil mrs.