In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Man found Dead after raping teen

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
http://www.wistv.com/story/19147333/deputies-man-found-dead-in-road-after-allegedly-raping-young-girl

CHESTER, SC
A Lancaster man was found dead in the road after deputies say he was accused of raping a teenage girl.

The incident was reported at 10 p.m. Sunday, when deputies responded to a home on Old Mill Road in reference to a sexual assault call, according to the Chester County Sheriff's Office.

Deputies say a woman came out of the house and said Michael Terry had just raped a teenage female and left the house walking down Old Mill Road.

Deputies went half a mile down the road and found Terry covered in blood and not breathing. He was pronounced dead at the scene. A shotgun casing was found near the body.

The teen girl was taken to Chester Regional Medical Center where she was treated and released.

Sheriff Richard Smith said he's not sure if murder charges will apply. He said they are still investigating and it's unclear who fired the gun.

The girl told authorities Terry was visiting her house and wanted to take her for a walk. The girl said he held her hand tightly, and it made her uncomfortable. She said Terry led her to some nearby woods where the rape happened.

The girl ran back to her home and called her mother, who then called 911.

Anyone with information is asked to call Chester County Crime Stoppers at 1-888-274-6372.

Comments

• Options
    mjbmxzmjbmxz Member Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hope there's no phone calls, if what he did was true.
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love a happy ending [:)]
  • Options
    GashaulerGashauler Member Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If he did it he got what he deserved.
  • Options
    m88.358winm88.358win Member Posts: 7,272 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They should have rolled him into the ditch after they shot him. Leaving him in the road could have caused someone to run over him and damage their car. Inconsiderate people!
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    Not much for rifling on bird/buck shot, but the source of "roadside justice" may want to change out the bolt in the shotgun.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh look...its the rape vendetta fairy play her tricks again!!! [:D]
  • Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a damn shame that all sexual predators don't wind up the same as this one did. [xx(][xx(][xx(]
  • Options
    gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If True - That was damn decent of him!!!! [^]
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Two sides to every story, thats why we have jury trials, investigations, forensics and so forth. Not taking any sides here but it has alwayes been very easy for a girl/woman to cry rape after the fact.
  • Options
    hobo9650hobo9650 Member Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bet he won't do that again.
  • Options
    LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BOO RADLEY LIVES!!!!
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bet he was so filled with remorse he took his own life. A conscientious citizen came along, found this shotgun unattended and was concerned a child would find it so they took it with them, intending to call Police, but got distracted by irritable bowl syndrome and it simply slipped their mind!! That is entirely plausible.
  • Options
    machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CS8161
    Two sides to every story, thats why we have jury trials, investigations, forensics and so forth. Not taking any sides here but it has alwayes been very easy for a girl/woman to cry rape after the fact.

+1

And it wouldn't be the first time there has been a lynching because the female participant decided that word of the tryst might get out, prompting her to invent something to cover it.
  • Options
    lew07lew07 Member Posts: 1,055 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hmm I tend to keep an open mind these days until the police have done their thing.Sometime back a guy was accused of rape took His own life.Turned out He didnt do it and took His own life because His own life was now trashed.
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by machine gun moran
    quote:Originally posted by CS8161

+1

And it wouldn't be the first time there has been a lynching because the female participant decided that word of the tryst might get out, prompting her to invent something to cover it.

A lot of folks here would not get any exercise if it weren't for jumping to conclusions.

At this point though, I hope it is true and he got what he deserved.

Justice should be swift.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    I bet he was so filled with remorse he took his own life. A conscientious citizen came along, found this shotgun unattended and was concerned a child would find it so they took it with them, intending to call Police, but got distracted by irritable bowl syndrome and it simply slipped their mind!! That is entirely plausible.

Ding, ding, ding...WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!! [:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    1880texan1880texan Member Posts: 978 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Keep in mind, SHE may be a little * and falsely accused HIM. He said he was going to report her to the cops and was on his way there when she caught up and killed him to keep herself from being arrested.
    The girl would never lie about being raped? NO, NEVER. Women NEVER do that. [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Actually, until further investigation results are made public, the title of this topic really should be changed to:

Man found Dead after ALLEGEDLY raping teen
  • Options
    MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
    Maybe a vigiluncle shot him.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,006 ******
    edited November -1
    Back in the 70s, I saw a similar incident reported in a major metropolitan area, I believe either Atlanta or Detroit. The rapist was found beaten to death in the street, and no one knew what happened to him.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm no Detective but it could have been a drive by
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A shot gun casing does not a murder weapon make...

He may have just held it in his hand and hit it hard...
    It could happen. [;)]
  • Options
    SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    I'm with Shilo on this one.[:D]

tom
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Spartacus
    I'm with Shilo on this one.[:D]

tom
    Yep... That TOO could happen... much more likely than my scenario... [;)]
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cpermd
    I love a happy ending [:)]

Which happy ending? The one where a young girl was actually raped?

Or the one where a man accused of rape is dead without any hint of due process?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by andrewsw16
    Keep in mind, SHE may be a little * and falsely accused HIM. He said he was going to report her to the cops and was on his way there when she caught up and killed him to keep herself from being arrested.
    The girl would never lie about being raped? NO, NEVER. Women NEVER do that. [;)]

And yeah... Women lie... Believe it or not. [:0]

BUT, If a woman had actually lied about such an event...
    The guy had no reason to accept a lie... and probably said he would tell.
    And, if the girl (woman) caught up with him and shot him...
    The gun will be found... Cops are good at investigating a crime.
    Once it's occurred... [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Maybe he DID rape her and a vigilante caught up to him. Maybe she threatened him with a false rape charge and he was on his way to turn her in and she (or an accomplice) intercepted him.
    Or maybe a "Grey" tried to kidnap him for some interstellar * probing and he resisted and the Grey shot him with his space shotgun.
    Way too early to start any vigilante celebrations.
    We had a case here in Reno just a couple of years ago. A teen accused a middle aged man of rape and thoroughly trashed his reputation. Then, she admitted she was just PO'ed at him and wanted to ruin him out pure spite. So, I no longer immediately believe any rape claim any more than I do any other criminal complaint.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,275 ******
    edited November -1
    Sorry, I just can't get the ol' knee to jerk on this one.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Y'all have already forgot. Neighborhood watch got him.
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    Sorry, I just can't get the ol' knee to jerk on this one.

Good call.
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,430 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    His memories are over.
    Hers will be with her the rest of her life.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have no opinion on this matter because I don't know the people involved. Who knows what really happened? Only Mr. Terry and the girl; and Terry ain't talking.
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Too bad the shooter didn't pick up his empty, then they could have kissed it off to a meteor strike.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is due process and then there is the convoluted pile of crap that the court system has become. If there were a tenth as many lawyers and ten times as many hangings, it might be a more trusted system.
    Having anything to do with courts, judges, or lawyers is like hitting yourself with a hammer. You're so glad it's stopped that you no longer care much about the final outcome.