In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Staying home tonight.

OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2016 in General Discussion
We were headed to Atlantic city, but it is amature night on the roads. Check points everywhere, roads are jammed packed and so on. I had to run down to Delaware to get some blacksmith coal today, and it took 6 hours, when it usually takes three round trip. Good night for PJ's, old movies, popcorn and some swinging from the chandeliers. Okay, I am too old and fat for the Chandeliers, but I still have a promise[:X][:p] Might go do some reloading for Mondays coyote season and hang out here on the forums. Going to the gun club tomorrow for our annual family shoot. Donna, Chris and I , along with a few friends, are going to have a little fun, playing some shooting games. Now if i can just get these antlers to stay on my head as I run[:0][:D] Oakie

Comments

• Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds smart, Oakie. I always avoid the big celebrations. Its just looking for trouble.

We are going over to some friends place for homemade pizza and some visiting. Probably be home before 11. I am too old for boozin' and carousin'. [;)]

Happy New Year to you and Donna.
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    staying home ,most likely in bed way before 12 gets here .Plan on early rising for last day ,for me at least of deer hunting for the season .
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Staying home, staying safe; just enjoying the evening!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,010 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We are swinging from the ceiling fans and drinking the good stuff. Home is where its at on amature nite for certain,
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pulsarnc
    staying home ,most likely in bed way before 12 gets here .Plan on early rising for last day ,for me at least of deer hunting for the season .

Good luck hunting
  • Options
    84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    Also staying home.

Will be in bed, long before midnight.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Let's see.
    Up at 5AM Thursday for 175 mile round trip drive to a farm equipment auction east of St. Joe-bought a sprayer tender so trip home was @ 40MPH. Got home in time to finish and haul home #4 (of 4)livestock shelter at darned near dark.
    Up at 5 AM Friday for a 250 mile round trip to pick up a field sprayer(16' wide) bought at an auction in Illinois(return trip @ 40 MPH). Got home around 2:30 so we burned CRP yesterday evening and got back in the house at 10PM(sat up until 11PM to check for flare ups).
    Up @ 5AM this morning to re-check for residual fire. Re-zeroed yotie rifle with new ammo. Zeroed a couple of AR's that Son uses. Spent 3 hours putting out hay for the livestock. Spent 3 more hours trying to fit new sprayer in barn door too narrow (gave up and covered sprayer with tarp). Loaded trailer load of hay for delivery to buyer in the morning. Took Grouch Attack's Jeep to car wash to clean it up in prep for replacing starter.
    At this point, I'm just about ready for bed and the New Year be damned.