In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Take that, Jesus!

11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
edited April 2007 in General Discussion
You said, "No chance in Hell," when I asked if I would get my homework done, but guess what? I, in typical fashion for me, just finished the outline for the speech I'm giving tomorrow.

Do you know how hard it is to extract information that doesn't really exist from a source?

Comments

• Options
    Aspen79seAspen79se Member Posts: 4,707
    edited November -1
    I have a twenty minute power-point presentation tomorrow on distance education. Good luck with the speech. This is twenty percent of my grade in the class.
  • Options
    buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    that's a skill you have to learn! come up with something to say, and elaborate on it. that's your material. = your speech.
  • Options
    buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you're lucky. when I went to college, we didn't know what "windows" was, let alone have an internet to get stuff from. we had to go to the library and write everything down in a notebook.
  • Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    +

I think the smart youngsters are smarter today.

D.
  • Options
    mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good Job, You can do anything if you put your mind too it.

The scripture is plain - there will be false teachers and they won't be wearing black and have 666 stamped on their forehead. On the surface they will seem ...
  • Options
    Smokeeater 38Smokeeater 38 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buschmaster
    you're lucky. when I went to college, we didn't know what "windows" was, let alone have an internet to get stuff from. we had to go to the library and write everything down in a notebook.

We knew what "windows" was, they where what we left open in the middle of winter because the building was so hot. I went to an engineering school that had a great library for engineering but was lacking when you had to do a paper on anything else. So we would all load up and go down to Fort Wayne's public library and spend a few hours there and have to make copies of the material we wanted and then put it all together the we got back home.

And for computer classes you would send your program to the central printer and every few hours they would be printed and but on your box.

How times have changed.
  • Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    When I went to school, they didn't have copiers.

What did they call those machines that they used to reproduce stuff - not "mimeographs", but ... ?? Made the paper smell really bad ??

Doug
  • Options
    Smokeeater 38Smokeeater 38 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doug Wilson
    When I went to school, they didn't have copiers.

What did they call those machines that they used to reproduce stuff - not "mimeographs", but ... ?? Made the paper smell really bad ??

Doug

I thought they where mimeographs. And I loved the way the papers would smell, yes I'm weird. Both of my parents where teachers and I would watch my mom type out tests on this special paper at home then take it to school and run it though a machine then take that to the machine that did the coping. It was a big drum that the paper was locked in to and would run the copies out in blue. Many time I would get to do this before school for her as she was doing something else back in her room. There was only one in the whole building.