In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Urijah Faber

SuburbanNoizeSuburbanNoize Member Posts: 10,142
edited June 2008 in General Discussion
I like the MMA fights, but i dont justlike the UFC. You should check out the WEC. Urijah Faber is the king of WEC. This kid is the real deal.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ERnaMk1uviU

URIJAH

Hes got a fight on june 1st against a cat named jens pulver. Its gonna be an awesome fight.

Comments

• watrulookinatwatrulookinat Member Posts: 4,693
    edited November -1
    Just got thru watching spike and ABC. Had some good knock outs. I really like U.F.C. Just watched that video...He is explosive and a very versatile fighter.
  • SuburbanNoizeSuburbanNoize Member Posts: 10,142
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by watrulookinat
    Just got thru watching spike and ABC. Had some good knock outs. I really like U.F.C. Just watched that video...He is explosive and a very versatile fighter.

Yes, he would rather take it to the ground, because hes a submission guy, but hell stand up and duke it out if he has to.
  • goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    Jens Pulver has been around awhile...I personally am routing for him. He is a hard worker and can hang with the best of them. Not takign anything away from Faber...just like Pulver better.
  • SuburbanNoizeSuburbanNoize Member Posts: 10,142
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by goldeneagle76
    Jens Pulver has been around awhile...I personally am routing for him. He is a hard worker and can hang with the best of them. Not takign anything away from Faber...just like Pulver better.

Im hoping pulver gives him a good fight, pulver is a striker, he hits hard, but overall i think Fabers skill and cunning will net him a victory!
  • elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
    edited November -1
    Pulver has never lost at 145,8-0 (I think), but I don't think he can run with Faber. That is one bad little dude.
  • watrulookinatwatrulookinat Member Posts: 4,693
    edited November -1
    Elk,
    Was that you who said they had a MMA Fight about a month or so ago? If so how did it go.
  • elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
    edited November -1
    Not MMA but Judo. Very very different. I went 1-3. I had a great time and was happy with the results given that it was my first tournament and I had to fight up a weight class. I'm 215 and these guys were all 230-250.
  • Spc FergusonSpc Ferguson Member Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Faber is a bad lil dude. Ive watched all his fights in the wec. He got amazing ground game and his shoots are some of the best ive seen. But pulver been around for a long time and has fought alot of the best fighters in the world. Dont get me wrong the ufc doesnt have all the top mma fighters in the world. Prime example Fedor emalienko. But i think if pulver wins it will keep his name up there with the worlds best. If Faber wins it will sky rocket his name. I think he is top 5 at his weight class already. Just hasnt fought allt he big names pulver has.
  • BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    This will be a good fight, I think Pulver might ruin Faber's day.

WEC is owned by UFC.[:0]
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Faber is little bad *. I love to watch him fight.

I would have liked to have fought him the last time I was taking karate. I was 40 years old, but in great shape, I had decent martial arts skills but knew nothing of grappling.
    But I was 6-3 and 220, so 80 pound weight advantage.
    I wonder if that little rascal could have beaten me.