In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good shooting. What sucks about it, even though the officer shot this man protecting himself, he will have to live with taking another person's life. That in itself, sucks. I know of three officers that had to take a life in the line of duty, and all three ended up retiring or quitting. It takes such an emotional toll on their lives. God bless all you leo's out there, protecting the public. May you all make it home after your shift, to your families and loved ones. Oak
  • mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why didn't he just shoot the gun out of his hand?
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=uyXjO_1522395775

He won't do that again. I am just glad for the officer that it is clear cut. Not much explaining to do..watch the video, self explanatory use of force.
  • SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    This never would have happened if they'd just take all the guns.
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,814 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well that escalated quickly.
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That can?t be, must be some good editing, that * was white!
    edited November -1
    That guy must of been on something. First five shots didn't drop him immediately. Seemed like it took quite a few seconds for the brain to realize he'd been shot.

Great job by the cop being very alert to this guy's intentions and getting the drop on him.
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That suspect was under influence of something. He was off the rail.
    "What is truth?'
    edited November -1
    No doubt! Who else could take five direct hits and then walk around like he lost something. The next two shots seemed to snap him back into reality.[:D]

quote:Originally posted by wpageabc
    That suspect was under influence of something. He was off the rail.
  • kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would have no problem pulling the trigger on that clown. And I would sleep peacefully forever-after knowing that I had taken a true menace to society off the street.
    Also, looks can be deceiving. Nut did not look like your typical killer. When you're a cop, you can trust no one you don't know, and only half of those you do.
  • WyattEarp45WyattEarp45 Member Posts: 63 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Smart civilians also. One guy floors it and backs his van up, after seeing/hearing the cop/gun/shots, another pedestrian makes sure he is clear when the popcorn starts. Good moves.
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,454 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree he wil be found to have drugs in his system
    looked like a old b movie bad acting as he died slow
    but he did die and the LEO got to go home to his family
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Warbirds
    Well that escalated quickly.

Sometimes they escalate faster than that like waiting for him to walk up to the window before shooting. I have made thousands of car stops and its easy to get complacent. That guy getting out and then not following orders to stay in the car all the while hiding his right hand really put the officer on alert that something bad was about to happen.
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One dead Dumb *! Turn out the lights, the party's over...