In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hondo (John Wayne)

beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭
edited August 2017 in General Discussion
Just starting on GRIT tv.
0M9InwN.gif[

Comments

• Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We lost Grit TV a while back, I am not sure why. I have TWC and they change programming around all the time especially in the high band channels.

I really liked Grit Tv, probably why it got the ax[V][V]
    RLTW

• SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One of the few movies that actually follow the book, one of Louis L'Amour's first westerns.
  • ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wasn't Hondo one of the 3D movies back in the day. Some of the scenes kind of convey the feeling....arrows and lances coming at the screen, as well as the knife fight between Wayne and the Apache..
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ltcdoty
    Wasn't Hondo one of the 3D movies back in the day. Some of the scenes kind of convey the feeling....arrows and lances coming at the screen, as well as the knife fight between Wayne and the Apache..

Picked up "Coming At Ya" not too long ago and I think this too was a 3D movie once that got 2D-ed. No amount of whiskey will help this movie.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Duke
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • john wjohn w Member Posts: 4,104
    edited November -1
    James arness too
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ltcdoty

Apparently that is correct. I never knew that.

The reason the film follows the book, is that the book actually follows the film. The film was based on a Louis L'Amour short story, and L'Amour later novelized the movie. I did not know that either.
  • ap55ap55 Member Posts: 167 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The movie is from a Louis L'Amour short story,The gift of Cohise[sp].Before the movie came out he wrote Hondo to match the movie. I think John Wayne was on the back cover telling how good the book was.It was one of the first of his that was sold to the movies.I have it recorded on my dvr great movie!
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Duke's love interest, Geraldine Page, is the mother of my neighbor, Tony Torn.
    Tony is an actor in NY but he has a house near mine up here in the NC mountains.
    So one night I watched Hondo on tv.
    Next night, I was at a party at Tony's house, and I said to Tony, "I saw your mom kissing John Wayne last night."