In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Budweiser Isn't Beating Around the Busch

p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
I've been hoping for weeks Anheuser-Busch would get involved.
This will put the fear of God in the NFL. Who would really want to sponsor them if Bud pulls out?

http://www.usanewsflash.com/budweiser-sends-message-nfl/

Comments

• Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Money talks and BS walks. If Bud threatens to withdraw support for the NFL it would cost the NFL hundreds of millions of dollars of revenue from all of the merchandising and commercials. Something tells me that might put some balls back into the owners' shorts.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,027 ******
    edited November -1
    good,,,[;)][;)][;)]
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I quit watching last year, it's not likely I'll ever return.
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    According to this report it's fake. I haven't heard it on any major news media including Fox, so I'm just wondering why anybody would believe it or pass it on

www.business2community.com/sports/budweiser-pulling-advertising-nfl-due-national-anthem-protest-false-rumor-01924925/amp
  • Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Even if it is fake or premature, how about spreading the word to all of your patriotic friends to contact Bud and ask for them to MAKE it true. Compliment them on their past support of veterans and active duty but temper that compliment with a warning that if they continue to support this bunch of unpatriotic puzzies that you and your friends will not longer be able, in good conscience, to continue to buy their products. [;)]
  • Options
    iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only problem I have with writing a letter to Budweiser is that I'd actually have to watch a NFL game in order to watch a Bud commercial.

That isn't likely to happen.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are getting free advertisement and publicity. Won't happen.
  • Options
    SperrySperry Member Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The writing in that "article" is atrocious ... [xx(]
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Busch has nothing to do with Buttwiper anymore, Anbev or some other foreign conglomerate bought it years ago.
    Furriners have zero interest in kneeling millionaire snowflakes.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just more fake news from another 'news source' site run out of some dude's spare bedroom.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Budweiser is going to have to make a statement or take a stand, either publicly or privately. They have built up a reputation as a company as patriotic as you can get.

There is too much blowback for them not to. I don't know about anyone else, but I have written letters to Superbowl advertisers and * on their websites.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,750 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If we e-mail, write, call or whatever, it will make a diff. even if you are done with the NFL, it will help the libs crawl back into another hole. That's my spin.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by iceracerx
    The only problem I have with writing a letter to Budweiser is that I'd actually have to watch a NFL game in order to watch a Bud commercial.

That isn't likely to happen.

Even worse How do you threaten a company that you do not use.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good for Bud.

But for the NFL its too late for me, I have fired them and will not come back.

Buh-bye
    RLTW

• Options
    DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Recall A/B made a commercial in support of illegal immigration. Not really conservative.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Repeating once more,....this is not REAL news, it's fantasy.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will no longer buy their products period. They support the NFL. End of story.
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    Repeating once more,....this is not REAL news, it's fantasy.

Bummer!
    What's next?
  • Options
    204targetman204targetman Member Posts: 3,493
    edited November -1
    these companies don't have the guts to stand up for something like this. imagine if this would have happened 50 years ago. that's a good barometer for how far this country has gone down hill.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Here's another example of gross exaggeration in action,.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xe_42noFRU

They appear to really have/had a line just to handle these complaint calls, but this yahoo titles his video, "Budweiser Threatens to pull out sponsorships of NFL over Take a Knee."

FAKE!
  • Options
    NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What idiot would get taken in by this obviously fake news story? [xx(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Navybat

Go get me a coffee little man. [:p]
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Real or fake. It raises a question for add copy...

The question is are you willing to support the Anti American NFL?
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Budweiser= weasel piss long before the felon league BS[:D]
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Res Ipsa Loquitor
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040

Res Ipsa Loquitor

Another loser that brings nothing to the table but an empty plate and an open mouth.

No more mister nice guy for the losers.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040

Res Ipsa Loquitor

It most certainly does! [;)]

But...but...he's the world's smartest man! Just ask him!
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would lean toward it being fake news for all Big Corporations are liberals now pushing the progressive polices on social engineering. I have yet seen them come out in favor on one issue that is conservative.

serf
  • Options
    edited November -1

Our resident idiot.
    I Mean one has to be an idiot to believe that Budweiser would give up all that advertising space which generates millions and millions of dollars for them, just over a political statement by the players.

Even my six year old grandsons smarter than to believe that
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks

Our resident idiot.
    I Mean one has to be an idiot to believe that Budweiser would give up all that advertising space which generates millions and millions of dollars for them, just over a political statement by the players.

You have a very small mind. The NFL will sacrifice all the kneers before they let Budweiser go.
    From the way you go in and out of reality, I'm pretty sure you're the resident idiot at a minimum. Psychotic would be my diagnosis for you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking

Our resident idiot.

You have a very small mind. The NFL will sacrifice all the kneers before they let Budweiser go.
    From the way you go in and out of reality, I'm pretty sure you're the resident idiot at a minimum. Psychotic would be my diagnosis for you.

I said they're not going to give up their biggest advertising Avenue.

Even if they do, I'm sure some other company will step in and and take over their spot, and the NFL won't lose a penny. So Budweiser is not as valuable as you think they are to the NFL. The NFL is very valuable to Budweiser

I know Coors has been chopping at the bit to get that spot, not to say that they would take it now. But there's hundreds of other companies that are chomping at the bit to take Budweiser spot.

So like I say, the NFL won't hurt a bit if Budweiser pulls out, Budweiser will hurt immensely. And trust me they're a lot smarter than you, they know better than to pull out. In fact they're smarter than me, and I would know better to pull out.

Apparently you're not as smart as what you think you are, if you think they're stupid enough to pull out and miss all that advertising

And even a small minded person like me is not such an idiot that can't realize that the owners of the teams can't get rid of anybody until the contracts are over

Who looks like a small-minded idiot now

Sheesh!!!
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Play nice boys.....[:(!]
  • Options
    edited November -1

Our resident idiot.

Even if they do, I'm sure some other company will step in and and take over their spot, and the NFL won't lose a penny. So Budweiser is not as valuable as you think they are to the NFL. The NFL is very valuable to Budweiser

I know Coors has been chopping at the bit to get that spot, not to say that they would take it now. But there's hundreds of other companies that are chomping at the bit to take Budweiser spot.

So like I say, the NFL won't hurt a bit if Budweiser pulls out, Budweiser will hurt immensely. And trust me they're a lot smarter than you, they know better than to pull out. In fact they're smarter than me, and I would know better to pull out.

Apparently you're not as smart as what you think you are, if you think they're stupid enough to pull out and miss all that advertising

And even a small minded person like me is not such an idiot that can't realize that the owners of the teams can't get rid of anybody until the contracts are over

Sheesh!!!

I'm smart enough to know there's a morals clause and most likely some kind of bad publicity clause in the players contract that allows termination. It appears you weren't smart enough to know that.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    See what I mean? You'll never be able to argue your way with him.

Don't bother him with facts. He's too smart.

But, on the plus side, he's a WARRIOR.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    See what I mean? You'll never be able to argue your way with him.

Don't bother him with facts. He's too smart.

But, on the plus side, he's a WARRIOR.

You don't mean anything squirt.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Our resident idiot.

Sheesh!!!

I'm smart enough to know there's a morals clause and most likely some kind of bad publicity clause in the players contract that allows termination. It appears you weren't smart enough to know that.

Oh I know all about morality Clauses, I'm also smart enough to know that any morality Clause cannot take away your first amendment rights. Apparently you're not smart enough to figure that one out.

And whether or not they have you call (laughable) bad publicity clause (hahaha). I'm also smart enough realized that over 59% of America supports the players, so that would indicate that's good publicity for the NFL, apparently you're not smart enough to figure that one out though... But there's no such thing as a bad publicity clause, bad publicity is part of the morality clause. For anybody that's not smart not to not realize that

I believe the NFL is in a catch-22 situation here. If they don't do something about the players, 49%of the population could boycott the NFL. But if they do something about the situation, 59% of the population could boycott the NFL. 41% versus 59%, which would you take.... Any smart person would say that the NFL will chance losing 41% of it's viewership than chance losing 59% of it's viewership

SHEESH!!!!

It's 4th quarter with only 21 seconds left on the clock and you're down 28 points, what are you going to do to try to win this game[:D][:D]

There's an old saying P3, it goes: it's better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're a fool, then open it, and prove that you are
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,241 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    These protests from these misinformed, ignorant, and stupid black players have caused me to quit watching NFL. And I have been watching since 1960.

So I hope Budweiser pulls their advertising. Adios, NFL.