In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Early Glock 19

Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
edited March 2017 in General Discussion
Just got a Glock 19 in and all the parts inside, trigger bar, striker,safety are all black. Talked to Glock and found it was an early 1989 gun and the original parts were black. Wanted to know if I wanted to up grade the parts but I will just keep these. I don't think the pistol has ever been fired.
No I'm not gonna post photos of a G19.

Comments

• Options
    Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK :

Ricci : email me , there IS an upgrade on these : as a Cert. Glock Armorer , I have the upgrade parts , will send them to you if you want .....

Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you Brother. I too am a Glock Armorer and I probably should have just told the tech guy to send the parts. Again thank you but I can just call and have them send the parts to me.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All original Glock 19....I wouldn't change anything on it and ruin it's potential value. There are Glock collectors that would pay a premium for it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think this one is gonna stay with me. I was gonna shoot it but it still has the copper anti seize.It will defiantly retain the original parts.[:)]
  • Options
    84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ricci Wright
    I think this one is gonna stay with me. I was gonna shoot it but it still has the copper anti seize.It will defiantly retain the original parts.[:)]

Your holding out on us. [:0]
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    All original Glock 19....I wouldn't change anything on it and ruin it's potential value. There are Glock collectors that would pay a premium for it.

Especially seeing as how there's not a whole lot of old Glocks around because of the Glock kaboom[:D]
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ricci Wright

Exactly..I'd keep it too, put it in the case for folks to ask about and tell them it's already got a deposit on it!! hehe
  • Options
    M1A762M1A762 Member Posts: 3,426
    edited November -1
    "Glock Armorer" HA![:D]

I can put legos together too!![:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    But can you launch that lego at 1200 FPS??[:)]quote:Originally posted by M1A762
    "Glock Armorer" HA![:D]

I can put legos together too!![:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I must admit is is a pretty simple class. You spend maybe an hour going over the parts of the gun. Two hours talking about folks shooting their bath tubs and toilet tanks trying to prove their Glocks will shoot under water. An hour and a half for lunch. An hour wandering around whatever facility the class is held at. Then the rest of the time is spent talking to each other finding out if you know some of the same folks, a quick review and you are on the way home. The Sig class was two days and much more involved but Sigs are more complicated. The S&W M&P class was fun but that was due to the cute young lady seated next to me.[:)]
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At one point in the grand gun shop days we bought a lot of 97 Arisaka bolt action infantry rifles...

Over the course of inspecting and listing and dealing and cataloging and researching this pile I eventually selected 3 type 99's for my collection...

All 3 were early naval infantry variants with drain hole stocks and matching numbers...

All 3 had intact anti aircraft sights - correct safeties - mint chrome lines bores - perfect muzzles...

One was pristine with an intact mum that had creeping surface rust that would not stop coming back..

This one was proffesionaly refinished - hot dip reblued - which eliminated the corrosion issue for good (also "blued" the chrome lined bore - which later shot clean)

One was another fairly minty version with out an intact mum - which demonstrated a tendency to rub metal bbl against the wood inside the stock channel...

We relieved the stock channel under the bbl (not visible) to eliminate the problem and allow for normal accurate fire..m

The last gun is special to me...

The cleanest gun of the group - only minor rack and dunnage handling marks on the wood - dust cover and monopod intact...

I realized when I first loaded the magazine with 3 rounds to check the function and headspaces that the internals - the chamber facing and magazine architecture were completely unmarred - virgin surface...

My manual depression of the cartridge into the internal mag and the operation of the action - loading the round - closing the bolt - opening the action and ejecting the round had left clear but faint marks on the guns internals...

I checked the other guns - went through the whole lot...

I am fully convinced that what I had done was be the 1st person to load this gun since it was manufactured - the gun in my belief had never been fired - never been even loaded - simply transit cased and rack stored...

The odds are pretty small of this occurring - but it's what I believe.

It makes the gun somehow oddly special to me - it was a unique and memorable moment.

I fired the gun (I shoot them all at least once)

But I am the only person to have ever done so.

Mike
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The G19 I carry every day is one of those early guns with black parts.