.

Garand Clips and fired 30-06 Ammo find!

wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,537
edited January 2013 in General Discussion
I took my 10 yr. old out for some four wheeling and hiking out in the desert today, and found a ravine with thousands of 50s once fired brass, and about 200 8 rd, clips!

We grabbed up the clips, but didn't have room in the back pack for the brass.

Would it be worth the time and effort to go back for the brass? The one live rd. that I picked up was from The St. Louis factory, 1957.
There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'

Comments

  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yes

    Even at scrap rate it would be worth it. With that said, the brass is probably still usable.
  • 35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 15,200
    edited November -1
    Definitely worth it. What condition were the clips in? Still useable? Great find, by the way.[8D]
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 20,827 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1X fired 50 Cal. Absolutely
  • reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 19,356 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by William81
    1X fired 50 Cal. Absolutely
    I may be wrong ...but I think he ment 1950's...wiplash can correct me
  • pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    I would be all over that score!
  • wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,537
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 35WhelenClassic
    Definitely worth it. What condition were the clips in? Still useable? Great find, by the way.[8D]


    The clips are in various conditions. The ones on the surface are in pretty good condition, "surface rust". The ones buried deeper will have pitting, but are still "Springy".

    There was also some old .45 and .38 brass mixed in too.

    I can't seem to shake this Treasure hunting thing [:D]
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    where is the pitchers?

    Awesome find, and I would go back and get every round of it.
  • CbtEngr01CbtEngr01 Member Posts: 4,340
    edited November -1
    if you dont want it you can shoot me the grid coords[:p]
  • RustyBonesRustyBones Member Posts: 4,956
    edited November -1
    auction time! we can always use some clips.
  • wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,537
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by reloader44mag
    quote:Originally posted by William81
    1X fired 50 Cal. Absolutely
    I may be wrong ...but I think he ment 1950's...wiplash can correct me


    Yes it is 1950s 30-06 brass But, I still have a bunch of 50 cal, 20mm, and 30mm brass that I picked up years ago!

    Is there a market for that them?
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wiplash
    quote:Originally posted by reloader44mag
    quote:Originally posted by William81
    1X fired 50 Cal. Absolutely
    I may be wrong ...but I think he ment 1950's...wiplash can correct me


    Yes it is 1950s 30-06 brass But, I still have a bunch of 50 cal, 20mm, and 30mm brass that I picked up years ago!

    Is there a market for that them?


    Heck, I'd take a 20mm and a 30mm casing. list 'em and let me know.
  • chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wiplash posted

    Yes it is 1950s 30-06 brass But, I still have a bunch of 50 cal, 20mm, and 30mm brass that I picked up years ago!

    Is there a market for that them?

    Brass, up to .50 cal that gets auctioned off by the Goverment goes for about $2.00 a pound. Brass over the size of .50 cal must be demilled so it has collector value if in good condition.
  • wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,537
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chollagardens
    wiplash posted

    Yes it is 1950s 30-06 brass But, I still have a bunch of 50 cal, 20mm, and 30mm brass that I picked up years ago!

    Is there a market for that them?

    Brass, up to .50 cal that gets auctioned off by the Goverment goes for about $2.00 a pound. Brass over the size of .50 cal must be demilled so it has collector value if in good condition.


    Thanks Cholla, you just answered another question that was bugging me!

    I picked up some big Aluminum 30mm? rounds out at a spot in the desert where a lot of FlyBoys go and shoot off duty. They were using them for target practice.

    I didn't know that it was "Procedure".
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In a previous post I posted;

    ...............Brass, up to .50 cal that gets auctioned off by the Goverment goes for about $2.00 a pound. Brass over the size of .50 cal must be demilled so it has collector value if in good condition.

    [:0][:0][:0] 5.56 brass going for $4.00+ a pound and going up![:0][:0]
Sign In or Register to comment.