In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

McDonalds McGumburger

alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
edited April 2003 in General Discussion
DETROIT - A man is suing fast-food giant McDonald's after allegedly biting into a piece of already chewed gum in a salad.

In a lawsuit filed in Wayne County Circuit Court, Joseph Taylor says the Feb. 26 incident has caused him "mental anguish, humiliation, embarrassment, and pain and suffering and loss of appetite." He has sought medical attention, according to the lawsuit.

Taylor also said he fears he may have contracted AIDS or hepatitis, the Detroit Free Press reported Wednesday.

The assistant manager of the restaurant, Amit Kumar, said McDonald's insurance company is handling the lawsuit.

The lawsuit states Taylor was eating a salad at a McDonald's on the Wayne State University campus when he "discovered a foreign object in his mouth that had already been chewed by someone else." He is seeking damages of more than $25,000.

shoot2.gif
Where there is no vision,the people perish!

Comments

• Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh geez. If I sued every time something goofy showed up in restaurant food I'd be retired by now. Stuff happens. An apology and a free meal are in order but this is downright stupid gold-digging.
  • Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    I was eating out at a rib place with my wife.About halfway through my rack of babybacks I got something stuck in my throat.After 15-20 minutes of poking around with my tongue I finally just jammed my fingers as far down my throat as I could and removed a 1/2 inch point of a butcher knife.I showed the manager what I'd almost swallowed and he offered us a free dessert.Still charged me for the steel laced ribs and the apple pie tasted like blood.

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • Options
    snarlgardsnarlgard Member Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yes but why would you want to continue to eat someplace that such bad food preperation habits

Lt. snarlgard RRG
    SMILE...MAKE EM WONDER WHAT YOUR UP TO[}:)]
    fcb9874f.jpg.thumb.jpg