In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Going coyote hunting in the morning,

danlittledanlittle Member Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2006 in General Discussion
I wonder how we will do, it's raining pretty hard out right now.
Oh well, I guess I won't melt too much.
Dan

Ps Any of you guys want to go with us be at my house at 6 AM

Comments

• Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, I'll see if I can make it there in an hour. I get off work at 5. Wait up for me?
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    cubslovers,
    You will have to drive pretty fast to make it from Ind. to Mo. in an hour, better follow a cowtruck , that will give you time to stop & eat and still be on time.
    Dan
    PS Are you rich or have a lot of cattle or oilwells or land ?
    I just looked at your profile & You must be wealthy cause that Pretty Lady with you sure ain't there cause of your looks LOL
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    About thirty years ago, the price of coyote pelts was >$100 and a fellow I knew decided he could get rich selling pelts. He had a 22/250 but the coyote that he shot got a large hole in it's hide and the fellow was docked about half the value. He decided the best way to get them was the take a 4x4 and chase them around in the snow of the Columbia River Basin. Only problem was he didn't have a 4x4. But he knew that I had a nearly brand new Dodge Ramcharger that he figured would be perfect for it. He acted so dejected when I finally got the point across that I was serious in my answer of NO, that I wondered if he really thought running a truck fourty miles per hour into an irrigation ditch while chasing a coyote was a good idea?
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by danlittle
    cubslovers,
    You will have to drive pretty fast to make it from Ind. to Mo. in an hour, better follow a cowtruck , that will give you time to stop & eat and still be on time.
    Dan
    PS Are you rich or have a lot of cattle or oilwells or land ?
    I just looked at your profile & You must be wealthy cause that Pretty Lady with you sure ain't there cause of your looks LOL

Ha! It's the truth. I don't own any land, cattle, or oil. I do have a great job. I figured that was a deciding factor.

and thanks.

Kidding about the trip, obviously.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    $100? We only get $35 to $50 here. I'm going to do some this winter.

Do you call? Use bait?

I see tracks all the time here but, have yet to see one while hunting.
  • Options
    2-barrel2-barrel Member Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by danlittle
    I wonder how we will do, it's raining pretty hard out right now.
    Oh well, I guess I won't melt too much.
    Dan

Ps Any of you guys want to go with us be at my house at 6 AM

Good luck and remember me sitting here watching it rain.
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    Your coyotes must be a lot difference than ours. Ours lay up in the rain.[8D]
  • Options
    easygo6easygo6 Member Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    RayB..

There is a similar disease that infects new 4x4 owners in this part of the country. We'll FINALLY get a big DEEP snow and 4x4s will be driven through the roadside in the country and the various county/state parks.

In these storms I do occasionally go out and assist stranded motorists as a hobby. Very common to new new/nearly new 4x4s with the front end hung up on concrete culvert basins...drivers with bloodied noses. I usually can't help but to laugh at them[:I]... they always say 'I didn't see it'.

Obious, those hazards are buried in the snow drifts.[V]
  • Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is one that had major health issues. It had no ear on one side, and thin hair. It needed to be taken out. The 3006 bullet sent it anout 8 feet. I shot it in the neck as it was looking at me.
    coyote2.jpg
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    cowdoccowdoc Member Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    that one has mange bad...i hav shot a couple around here that had mange bad....they dont make it through the winter here.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just got in - had a little supper - And thought I'd let you guys know todays hunting report.
    Hunted up near Hale, Mo. east of Hale about 5 miles then North 2 miles.
    weather was windy 15 to 20 mph winds, light rain that came & went.
    Called several different stands but HAD NO LUCK.
    I must be doing something wrong ??
    I am going to Neosho, Mo. to a Call Mfg. there an discuss tactics, & maybe learn a few things, this week if I can swing it.
    Dan
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by zipperzap
    Your coyotes must be a lot difference than ours. Ours lay up in the rain.[8D]

Ours have been real quiet the last 6 nights up here as well. I haven't seen the usual 5 pack wondering the hill behind me in a week.