In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

serious ?? about prostate Rx

tccoxtccox Member Posts: 7,379 ✭✭
edited December 2002 in General Discussion
OK, This is for the older members of the forum. What do you take for the old prostate?? I presently take nothing but I am tired of the 1 hour (or even 30 minute) trips to the bathroom. I am 65 (almost) and want some relief. I am going to see a urologist soon and would like to know what you are taking and if it helps. Thanks, Tom

Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who dont.

Comments

• tccoxtccox Member Posts: 7,379 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK, This is for the older members of the forum. What do you take for the old prostate?? I presently take nothing but I am tired of the 1 hour (or even 30 minute) trips to the bathroom. I am 65 (almost) and want some relief. I am going to see a urologist soon and would like to know what you are taking and if it helps. Thanks, Tom

Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who dont.
  • mousemouse Member Posts: 3,624
    edited November -1
    My 77 yr.old father-in-law takes Saw Palmetto for Prostate and
    urinary health. Readily available at your local health food
    store. 2 capsules twice a day. With the huge list of side
    effects on most prescription drugs, i'd give this a try. Sorry
    for a lady butting in...but I do sincerely hope it helps you sir.
    My in-dad also swears by Ginko Balboa for helping his memory.
    ;)
  • gunboobgunboob Member Posts: 203 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A year or so ago, my count went from one point something, to three point something. He said it was ok, but wanted to watch it CLOSE,...and treat me very aggressively, because, my dad died from,...IT.
    He let me go for about a year and finally talked me into doing a tell-all biopsy procedure. I guess I'm glad I let him do it, because we seen that all was ok, but, my * ain't been quite the same after 6 weeks now.
    To answer your question,....I'm scared of this stuff....I take a vit. E tablet for (I fergit what) a lycopene pill (tomato extract product) and saw palmetto (well advertised)
    If anybody comes up with anything else thats hot and durn neared guarenteed, I'll swallow that too.

Bob
  • capecodcapecod Member Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ask your doctor for some samples of Tamsulosin HCL - I believe the commecial name is Flomax. For months, I went through exactly what you are experiencing right now and in my case, the above prescription had me back to normal in a day or two. It was amazing.
    I hope this info might help you
    John

John in PA
    jmknaut@juno.com
  • capecodcapecod Member Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No matter what you decide to do or take - see a doctor asap and get a complete exam. After receiving the negative results of my exam (everything was ok), the doctor prescribed the medication I described in my previous post and I've had excellent results with it for over three years.. But see a doctor - don't count on any herbal or word-of-mouth recommendations - its too critical a thing to take any chances and like me, you'll probably find out its just a matter of age. One more thing, continue to be tested on a regular basis depending on your doctor's instructions.
    John

John in PA
    jmknaut@juno.com