In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Herrett Grips ? UPDATE (Found Out)

bama55bama55 Member Posts: 6,389 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Received a return email from Robin at Herrett's:
"The model RF stock was made to fit the following pistols manufactured after 1956.
Colt New Frontier Single Action Army, Colt Single Action Army, Colt New Frontier Buntline Special, and Colt Buntline Special."
Here is the set I have:
Herrettsgrips1.jpg
Herrettsgrips2.jpg
Herrettslogo.jpg

These look like they have not been used. Finish and checkering is sharp. If they were put on a Colt, it wasn't handled much.

Comments

• Options
    D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a giveaway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Send them to me and I'll find out what they fit. Hell, I might even go purchase one of those dreaded firearms for the grips. Maybe even some ammo, if I can find some.

Keep us posted and let us know what they fit.

drjew
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Still haven't found out. They are too big for a NM Blackhawk .357, and I don't think they are for a Super BH.
  • Options
    peabopeabo Member Posts: 3,098
    edited November -1
    I have a set of Herrett's shooting star grips for the Ruger Security Six that I bought in 1973 because the original grips were too small for me.
    As you can see, I paid $17.20 for these grips. On the website, these grips with skip line checkering are well over $100 now.

The grips themselves do not have any marks on them as to model number, but the box is marked R S S. Is the RF mark on the grips themselves?

According to the web-site, which hasn't been update since 2004, the only grips they made for Ruger was for the security six and the speed six.

SANY0656a.jpg

Thanks---Peabo
  • Options
    D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    Looks like they would give it a "Bisley " type feel.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Could be. Never used the Shooting Stars on a single action. Only with a 2 1/2" S&W 19. They didn't have the thumb rests. Had a great feel on that little pistola.
  • Options
    searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    I had them on a Security six, too. Looked a lot like those.