In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Halloween night

searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
edited November 2015 in General Discussion
Had a lot of trick or treaters so far. All kinds of cute, all little, and all polite, so far. Kinda goes along with small town USA, I reckon. I like it.

My sister in law has the best story for tonight, (so far), and it will be a tough one to beat. According to her:

"Just had the cutest little Dracula yell "mom, get up here! They have chocolate and Dad said it would help you not be so grumpy with your PBS"!!!"

Man, I spit bourbon when she told me that!!!!

Dan

(hope you all are having as good a time as I am)

Comments

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,999 ******
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D][^][^][^][^]
  • Options
    danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    I live on a private gated road.No trick or treaters here.
    I used to enjoy seeing the costumes the young mothers wore....lol
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    I live on a private gated road.No trick or treaters here.
    I used to enjoy seeing the costumes the young mothers wore....lol

No gate but do have a long drive and no outside lights are on.
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    best night of the year for drinking some shine
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well,it's Saturday night, drank a little bourbon, smoked a fine cigar that I won from Erik, Handed out a lot of candy, got to see a whole bunch of cute little kids, had some laughs, dropped a tear or two at some old memories, shared life with my lady, one of my sons and a granddaughter. Hasn't been a bad night. Not at all.

Peace to you, my good friends.

Dan
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad to hear you had a good one, Dan.

It is fun to see the little ones. We are in the sticks, so we have only had two kids so far. But they were both tickled to get a big ol' handful of candy, and I got a kick out of their costumes.

Cutest little Supergirl and Thor you ever saw.

Now the bourbon does sound like a good idea....[:D]
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Weather wasn't great so didnt even run out of candy. I'm sitting in my recliner watching Sleepy Hollow (Johnny Depp version).
  • Options
    nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,804 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Happy Halloween [:)]
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We had 2 groups of 3 each. Raining to beat the band now.....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It even got better. My son, his wife and my grand daughter stopped by. Grandchild 10 is on the way!
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We turned the porch light off about 8. At 8:30 the door bell rang.

It was the neighbor. He had taken his grandkids to a Halloween party with about 40-50 kids at their church. Apparently, it was a bit loud and stressful. [:0]

When I opened the door, he said 'Trick-or_Treat....I am out of whiskey.'

We fixed that right away. I got a couple of Macanudo 1968s, poured a couple stiff shots of NeoBlackDog's Pendleton1910...and Halloween for the Old Farts got underway.

Who needs candy when you have good cigars and whiskey? [:D]
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JnRockwall
    best night of the year for drinking some shine
    I personally can't think of a bad one![:p]
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We don't get any trick or treaters here in GA. When we lived in Jasper, TN we used to get a bunch of them. The last year we lived there we had over 330 that Halloween.

The people that lived behind us on Monteagle Mountain brought their kids to our subdivision by truck and hay wagon loads.
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Took my boy out for his first ever trick or treat......had one interesting moment when a woman opened her door and when she reached for her candy bucket, he ducked under arm and went into her house.

I'm standing there like the guy in the Leroy Jenkins youtube video...."Oh my God, he just ran in"

He's never met a stranger.
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,929 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We had probably 40-50 kids. Some really cute ones. One of our neighbors even dress up their two dogs
  • Options
    USN_AirdaleUSN_Airdale Member Posts: 2,987
    edited November -1
    it was not so good a Halloween night here.

3 PEOPLE KILLED AFTER CAR PLOWS INTO TRICK-OR-TREATERS IN BRONX

Four others are injured, including two children, ages 3 and 9 years old.

The three people who were killed were identified as 10-year-old Nyanna Aquil, 65-year-old Louis Perez, and 24-year-old Kristian Leka.

"We heard the screeching 'boom boom boom' kids were crying, people were screaming," says neighbor Fabio Cotza.

It was 5 p.m. on Halloween night, and Morris Park Avenue in the Bronx was crowded with costumed kids going door-to-door for candy, when according to police, a car jumped the curb. Eyewitness News is told at least half a dozen trick-or-treaters and their families never had a chance to get out of the way. Authorities believe the driver hit another car before it lost control and jumped the curb.

Officials confirm that some of the victims were trapped under the car, and others went flying. Neighbors thought the severed body parts were just gruesome Halloween props, until they realized that the nightmare was real.

http://abc7ny.com/news/3-killed-by-out-of-control-car-in-the-bronx/1061621/

personally i despise Halloween, far to many horrible things happen to kids and adults on that night.
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    I haven't seen a trick or treater in 2 decades at my house. Maybe I should take down the Quarantine,Warning Biohazard, No Solicitation, Attack dog, No Candy Here, and Jehovah's Witness Ask me about it signs.
  • Options
    riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
    Mine says "get of my Lawn"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I live in a really small town. Halloween is a fun night for me. I just love all the little kids, in their costumes. they all think they are who they are dressed as. Last one, little bitty camper, late in the evening comes to the door. "Trick or treat" he says. I notice his little pumpkin bucket is about empty. He tells me, I dropped my candy in the ditch. Mom says, yeah, he tripped and spilled most of his candy. As I said, it was late. Figured it was over for the evening, and I had a lot of candy left, that I didn't need to be eating.

Come on back up here, I say. Then, I dumped the rest of the candy in my bowl into his bucket. Man, he lit up. They went on, and I shut off the porch light.

It was a good night.

Dan