In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Admin?????

matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
edited December 2005 in General Discussion
I've been trying to change my e-mail address several times and have been unable to do so. What gives. What is the proper link to access to do so. Every time I send a GB member an e-mail it still lists my address as my old one. Then when I edit my profile it won't let me because it says that address is in use, even when I have confirmed with e-mails from my new address that it is me.

Comments

• Options
    65gto38965gto389 Member Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First go to your member profile:

Then you will see all your info along with your e-mail address:

Type in your new e-mail address:

Click update/ save (or whatever icon is used): (hold down ctrl if you have pop-up blockers)

Another screen should come up saying you e-mail address has been changed and you must click on the link in e-mail to confirm:

Wait about 5min and then go to your new e-mail (or the new one you used for GB). You should see an e-mail from GB:

Open it and click on the link that is given in the e-mail body: remember to (hold down ctrl if you have pop-up blockers)

A new screen/ window should come up (ON GB's website) saying your e-mail change has been confirmed:

Problem solved:

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 65gto389
    First go to your member profile:

Then you will see all your info along with your e-mail address:

Type in your new e-mail address:

Click update/ save (or whatever icon is used): (hold down ctrl if you have pop-up blockers)

Another screen should come up saying you e-mail address has been changed and you must click on the link in e-mail to confirm:

Wait about 5min and then go to your new e-mail (or the new one you used for GB). You should see an e-mail from GB:

Open it and click on the link that is given in the e-mail body: remember to (hold down ctrl if you have pop-up blockers)

A new screen/ window should come up (ON GB's website) saying your e-mail change has been confirmed:

Problem solved:

Hope this helps.

Thank you, you worded it better than my ramblings, but this is precisely what I have done. But still yet when I click on a user name to send them an e-mail, my old address still shows in the window where I type my message to them.

I'll send you an e-mail, let me know what address it shows it came from.